PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

p1_

DCC 4Life
who's advocating to get rid of Zeke?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st/2nd and a 2nd the year after, and it'd have to be a non-elite team. For a possible Super Bowl contender like the Chiefs or Texans the price would be two 1st's.

Ultimately Stephen needs to just get over himself and pay up, assuming 15/year would get it done. 15 isn't value but it's not a bad deal either, 17/year would be a bad deal, 15 is basically just market value.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st/2nd and a 2nd the year after, and it'd have to be a non-elite team. For a possible Super Bowl contender like the Chiefs or Texans the price would be two 1st's.

Ultimately Stephen needs to just get over himself and pay up, assuming 15/year would get it done. 15 isn't value but it's not a bad deal either, 17/year would be a bad deal, 15 is basically just market value.
15 would make him the highest paid RB in the NFL. 11.8 mil is the franchise tag number for RBs. I'd say 15 is pretty rich for a dude with 2 years left. But I would be curious to hear what Zeke's asking price is. RB seems like the last position an NFL team should be setting record marks with.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
who's advocating to get rid of Zeke?
What good is he if he won’t play? He isn’t cute enough to be a cheerleader. If he keeps up his current demands he may as well be traded because I am not sure Jones will pay him what he is holding out for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What good is he if he won’t play? He isn’t cute enough to be a cheerleader. If he keeps up his current demands he may as well be traded because I am not sure Jones will pay him what he is holding out for.
He will play. No reason to panic.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:ez

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Most veteran players hate camp and preseason.
Are you saying Zeke will take less money than he is asking after training camp is over? I think he has made too big a move to back down and if Jones say play out your contract what is he going to do then?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which is exactly why AB is doing what he's doing. The helmet thing is just a pretext.
I suspect once the games start and he isn't getting game checks or playing meaningful games things will change. But who knows, maybe all that matters to him is money. In which case I let him sit his happy ass until he signs the contract we offered of probably 14 mil a season or someome offers me a first round pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you saying Zeke will take less money than he is asking after training camp is over? I think he has made too big a move to back down and if Jones say play out your contract what is he going to do then?
The Cowboys have already offered an extension. He doesn't have to play out his contract. He can just accept the offer or play out his contract. It's what Cooper and Dak are prepared to do. Very few NFL players are prepared to sit out the season. And the one guy who comes to mind recently at least had free agency to look forward to after sitting out. Zeke doesn't even have that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I suspect once the games start and he isn't getting game checks or playing meaningful games things will change. But who knows, maybe all that matters to him is money. In which case I let him sit his happy ass until he signs the contract we offered of probably 14 mil a season or someome offers me a first round pick.
That’s a possibility and it will be a result of Jones not caving.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Today is the first time I started wondering if the Cowboys really might trade Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today is the first time I started wondering if the Cowboys really might trade Zeke.
I feel like Jerry and Zeke need to sit down and talk. I can't help but think the agent is playing games that are going to have each side pissed at each other by the end of it. It worked with Tank. Instead you have Zeke's agent making a big deal about Jerry making a joke. And that seems to have gotten to Jerry in the wrong way. I think agents agendas get in the way sometimes of both parties doing what is in their best interest.

Top Bottom