PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Who cares. This team isn't going to a SB with Dak as the QB anyways. At this point, Zeke has had several off the field incidents but more importantly he is under contract. He's not honoring his contract, and its funny how a little thing like Jerry Jones making a joke gets him all butthurt. You wanna play hardball, then don't cry when you are called out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who cares. This team isn't going to a SB with Dak as the QB anyways. At this point, Zeke has had several off the field incidents but more importantly he is under contract. He's not honoring his contract, and its funny how a little thing like Jerry Jones making a joke gets him all butthurt. You wanna play hardball, then don't cry when you are called out.
I mean by that logic you might as well trade away Cooper, Zeke and Dak. Just tank and take another QB if Dak isn't capable of going to a Superbowl. I disagree with that assessment but if that's what you think of Dak there is no reason to even mess around.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jerry is a straight up moron, I'd say Stephen is as well but to a lesser extent. With that said, Stephen has a history of making negotiations contentious before getting something done when forced by a deadline. Just look at Lawrence, his agent damn near requested a trade but as soon as Lawrence's recovery-timeline from surgery started bumping up against the regular season the deal got done. I'd imagine in the front office's mind the deadline they don't want to bump up against is Monday/Tuesday leading up to Week 1, so I'd be pretty shocked if a deal wasn't done during the weekend following the last preseason game.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Ezekiel Elliott, agent didn't find Jerry Jones' quip funny
By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Aug. 19, 2019 at 02:17 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 19, 2019 at 02:31 p.m.

Ezekiel Elliott and his representation didn't find the humor in Jerry Jones' preseason joke.

Following Tony Pollard's impressive preseason outing versus Los Angeles Rams' backups on Saturday, the Dallas Cowboys' owner quipped "Zeke who?"
Down in Cabo, the witticism fell flat.

Elliott's agent Rocky Arceneaux told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that neither he nor the running back found the joke humorous.
"I didn't think it was funny and neither did Zeke -- we actually thought it was disrespectful," Arceneaux told Mortensen.

Jones later said that Pollard would complement "not replace" what Elliott brings to the Cowboys, but it was the joke that garnered the headlines and attention.

Elliott continues to train in Cabo while holding out from the Cowboys as the regular season approaches. With sides not close to a new contract and Jones' joke rubbing Zeke the wrong way, this is a holdout that could continue to fester as the regular season approaches.
Oh, so much WRONG here.

Notice how the "Zeke who?" quip was released first, w/o the rest of the statement (for context)?

I hate the fucking media.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is there any disrespect in the actions of Zeke just arbitrarily breaking his contract with the organization? It’s time to toe the line for both sides. For Jones it time for him to say yes or no and for Zeke it’s time to get over himself and either play or request a trade. I would not give in to his demands because if he doesn’t play the fines will eat up all the salary for Zeke and he will still be on the team. No one can lure him away this year so Zeke might need a loan by January.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
If I had my way, Zeke would be traded for a 1st, and Dak would have to play this year without the engine that makes this offense go. Then they can talk money after he tosses 20 TDS 15 ints and the team wins 6 or 7 games.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fuck it, trade Zeke and Dak. Rebuild
around a new QB and elite OL and Defense.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I was going to say that.

My original post before I deleted and restarted was going to say, “trade Zeke, take the 1st you get, package it with your late teen early 20 pick and try and land a franchise QB that you’d be happy to pay $30+mil per.

Give Cooper a deal, and let Pollard go for 1200 a year behind a line you’ll be able to keep together with the money you save not paying Zeke and Donavan McNabb superlite.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’ve had enough of this drama queen bullshit. And from Dak, too. Oh, he doesn’t really want $40m? He can go fuck himself. He should be a team player and sign for the $25m he’d get on any other smart team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Uhh, no. Our window is too small for that. Get the deals done.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’ve had enough of this drama queen bullshit. And from Dak, too. Oh, he doesn’t really want $40m? He can go fuck himself. He should be a team player and sign for the $25m he’d get on any other smart team.
I love when Joe Fans say a player should take less money. Makes me laugh every time. Would you take less money on a possibly promotion at your job? Hell no you wouldn’t. Nothing is guaranteed with injury potential in this game. You get your money when you can.

• Props
Reactions: Rev

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I mean by that logic you might as well trade away Cooper, Zeke and Dak. Just tank and take another QB if Dak isn't capable of going to a Superbowl. I disagree with that assessment but if that's what you think of Dak there is no reason to even mess around.
If you are going to have a QB that hasn't really accomplished much but yet wants to be one of the highest paid QB's, then yeah it may be time to let him go.

data

Forbes #1
I’ll say this much...Jason Garrett can’t possibly be held responsible for this team’s performance with this much turmoil amongst his most marquee players. I’d give him a pass to 2020.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love when Joe Fans say a player should take less money. Makes me laugh every time. Would you take less money on a possibly promotion at your job? Hell no you wouldn’t. Nothing is guaranteed with injury potential in this game. You get your money when you can.
I would absolutely take less money to play for the Cowboys.

You’ll make it up in endorsements anyway, probably, or the guaranteed TV gig after you retire.

And there is more to life than money. When you are talking about $100 million versus $150 million, but for the $150 million I have to be an Eagle or a Redskin, uh, I’ll take the $100m to be a Cowboy and have fond memories the rest of my life as well.

Yes of course I would switch jobs if I found an employer willing to pay me $150k a year instead of $100k a year, hypothetically. But at that salary range, that’s a huge difference.

What can you really do with $150m that you can’t do with $100m? Serious question. You can have multiple mansions wherever you want. You can never work again. You can travel wherever and whenever you want. Your interest alone probably nets you millions a year to live off.

But neither amount is “buy a sports team”/billionaire money. The next leap up from $100m, life style wise, probably doesn’t come until you’ve got a billion dollars or more.

Top Bottom