PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What sense does it make to these morons that the market "reset" based on a deal that was done with a guy who literally sat out a season? The market for Elliott is clearly an inflation-adjusted Gurley deal, and yet they want to sit here and count pennies over what is presumably about a 1.5 million AAV difference? Please.
Because of the conduct issues, I don't think Elliott should be the highest paid RB. If they should decide to make him the highest, I hope they put a bunch of clauses in there to protect them or recoup money the next time he does something stupid. He clearly hasn't learned to keep himself clean of trouble.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That’s been a couple days now
Yeah, the article is a couple of days old, but hadn’t seen anyone post it on the board. Forgive me if I missed it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the article is a couple of days old, but hadn’t seen anyone post it on the board. Forgive me if I missed it.
I was watching ESPN talk about it on Tuesday. I think it would be ludicrous if he sat out the season

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was watching ESPN talk about it on Tuesday. I think it would be ludicrous if he sat out the season
He won't but he sort of has to threaten it to make his holdout have any leverage at all. I just don't buy it.

And I hate the idea of opening the window that every player who outplays his contract is going to force a new deal even with 2 years left. Could you imagine if every first round pick we have did this after 3 seasons? Should LVE pull this shit in 2 years? Sorry, we just need to hold firm on the offer we have on the table.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If he sits out the season he has zero value to the team. The only value he will carry if he does this is what he can be traded for and what the organization can get out of him. Let someone else field his demands. Also if he sits out hold the line on the fines and collect every nickel. If he has no consideration for the team then he can’t expect any loyalty from the organization. As it stands now it’s a hardball game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Cowboys Exec Stephen Jones Talks Ezekiel Elliott Holdout & More with Rich Eisen[/h]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This has been making the rounds from Reddit.

How a picture of Elliott on a flight coming back from Cabo means a deal is imminent is beyond me, but there are a bunch of dumbasses that swear it means something.

Newt

DCC 4Life
The only thing telling about that picture is that the woman next to him has enough money to fly first class and not give a shit how her tits look, or just enough money to fly first class if she never buys a decent bra....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only thing telling about that picture is that the woman next to him has enough money to fly first class and not give a shit how her tits look, or just enough money to fly first class if she never buys a decent bra....
She is probably like "this dude is like really into me, keeps taking my picture".

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

How a picture of Elliott on a flight coming back from Cabo means a deal is imminent is beyond me, but there are a bunch of dumbasses that swear it means something.
Do we know of it was Jerry's plane!?!?!

Sheik

DCC 4Life

He could be going home for a few days to sleep in his own bed or some shit.

GShock

DCC 4Life
This should go over well:

Rev

Staff member
This should go over well:

I love to bash Jerry but you could tell it was a joke.

Rev

Staff member
Well it seems the agent is going to try use the joke...

Top Bottom