PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He hadn't left for Cabo when they said those things. If this is true, it is a really bad idea and he should have been advised against it.
I think the press and fans get way more worked up about it than the players. Elliott is well liked and these players know it is a business. 9/10 they are siding with a player over thinking that they need to forget about the business aspect of the game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hey, he's going on vacation to chill. Nothing else to do while you are a holdout. I am sure that his agents would know how to get in touch with him with anything major.
its not like its the weekend before the playoffs or anything.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Didn't he train in Cabo while suspended? I'd be surprised if any players who mattered gave 2 fucks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't he train in Cabo while suspended? I'd be surprised if any players who mattered gave 2 fucks.
Yes, that is where he went during his suspension. Again, judging by what guys like Lawrence are saying, they don't care if he is in Cabo. They just will care if he comes back out of shape, which is not all that likely.

Now, if he pushes over some wimp rent-a-cop or grabs some senorita's tit, then all bets are off.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Jerry should know, having been the GM of one of three NFC teams not to have appeared in an NFC Championship game since 1996.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I jumped to a conclusion too fast.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Patrik No C Walker said:
P.S. Just because you’re not privy to every word or phone call does not mean this has stalled. As it stands, it has not. Progress is occurring, and Elliott has been doing workouts to stay in peak shape, physically.
#greenballoon #sdogo

Cotton

Staff member
#greenballoon #sdogo
He is actually fairly decently connected. He just started a new job with CBS sports. He’s not a schlub like the tools at BTB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't mind giving Zeke a new contract. But it's annoying that we have two center pieces to our offense heading into their contract year and now the priority seems to have shifted to the dude who won't be a free agent for 2 more seasons.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Extending Elliott now is the smart thing to do, much better to extend him at 24 than 26 and have the extension run out at 28 than 30. As far as Cooper goes, unless he's willing to sign for 16-17 a year I'd rather let him play out 2019. If he's asking for 18+, which it seems he is, then let's see him put up 1300/12 TD's, then he can get his 19 a year. Even with a season like that I don't think there's much of an argument for him to be paid more than Thomas/Julio, so why not let him play it out if that's what he's asking for?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The more I think about it, the more I warm to the idea of trading Zeke. Like others have said, his value will never be higher, and he does have some off the field stuff every year it seems.

Trade him and do what successful teams do, find the next guy. You’re not going to find another Zeke, but you should be able to find a guy to average 4 yards behind this line. Cheaper too, and hopefully with substantially less headaches.

Top Bottom