PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If that’s his demands the the organization should begin the process of looking for a replacement. I recall that most posters on this site think RBs are a dime a dozen and plentiful.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:picard
So he does that. And then what? Next year Zeke is again 2 years away from free agency, a year older, many million shorter in money and threatening to do the same thing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So he does that. And then what? Next year Zeke is again 2 years away from free agency, a year older, many million shorter in money and threatening to do the same thing.
Yep that and who knows what antics he might pull between now and then. He is an extremely talented player but he also is unpredictable as to his actions. You have to take the safe road with him.

Picked this up on another post.

With all that said, here are the recommendations from the analytics community:

1. Don’t invest heavily in your run game because it doesn’t correlate with winning

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep that and who knows what antics he might pull between now and then. He is an extremely talented player but he also is unpredictable as to his actions. You have to take the safe road with him.

1. Don’t invest heavily in your run game because it doesn’t correlate with winning
I definitely think you can win while investing in the running game. NFL teams have trended heavily towards the pass these days. But sometimes doing something different than what everyone else does can be a good thing. With that being said if I had the choice between investing heavily in Zeke or adding another elite probowl LG to my roster, I'd take the guard. Because if the blocking is there a decent RB can be very productive. Plus the LG makes the QB's job easier as well and they tend to have longer careers.

Zeke is a special RB but I think you can get a good RB pretty easily in the NFL and if you plug them behind a great O-line they will be productive. I'm not so sure I feel the same about a great RB behind a average run blocking O-line. If I could have Zeke or Quenton Nelson, I'm taking Nelson at this point. Of course that sort of guard isn't easy to get either. We already have Zeke so it's not like you can just swap one out for the other.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why anybody would give a shit what this dumb ass thinks is beyond me.

deadrise

DCC 4Life

Maybe it doesn't correlate with winning in a macro sense, but when your HC is as predictable and unimaginative as Garrett, the correlation with winning is overwhelming. Garrett's offense is: line 'em up, hand it to Zeke. Without him in the lineup, Dallas would be lucky to go .500 this season.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
If that’s his demands the the organization should begin the process of looking for a replacement. I recall that most posters on this site think RBs are a dime a dozen and plentiful.
Anyone who thinks RBs like Zeke are a dime a dozen should go have an MRI done to find out how much brain damage there is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone who thinks RBs like Zeke are a dime a dozen should go have an MRI done to find out how much brain damage there is.
Well there have been several on this site to indicate this, notwithstanding Elliot. That was a common theme 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I'm just tired of these "Screw the team, I want my money" contracts. If Zeke had completed the last year of his contract, I could understand this situation better. If he had the opportunity to sign a $20 mil/per season with someone like Miami, he'd be gone yesterday.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Get your ass to camp and let your agent work it out.

Top Bottom