Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that heís planning a training-camp*holdout

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money starts at Gurley, right?
    #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post
      Money starts at Gurley, right?
      If I'm Elliott and I know:

1. How this franchise handled Murray;
      2. How this coach has used me;
      3. That this coach is in the last year of his contract, coaching for his job;
      4. That this will be my best contract; and
      5. How I stack up against Gurley?

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by GShock View Post

If I'm Elliott and I know:

1. How this franchise handled Murray;
        2. How this coach has used me;
        3. That this coach is in the last year of his contract, coaching for his job;
        4. That this will be my best contract; and
        5. How I stack up against Gurley?

Yes.
        6. Jerry or Stephen said that exact thing at end of season to the media.
        #Fire Garrett

Comment

• I mean let's be real here, quibbling over 13.5 vs. 14.5 or 14 vs. 15 in AAV is pointless in the grand scheme for an elite player. It's very possible that this is all a negotiation tactic to try to wear down Elliott as low as he'll go before finally giving in right before the season starts, and if so that's fine, but it's going to be real pathetic if this guy misses games over 1 million in AAV because the front office wants to hold some made-up negotiating line. This is based on the assumption that a deal averaging 14.5-15 a year would put this to bed.

Comment

• It would be a great show of leadership for Dak to take a reduced rate contract in order to free the team to sign Zeke to the elite money he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
              I mean let's be real here, quibbling over 13.5 vs. 14.5 or 14 vs. 15 in AAV is pointless in the grand scheme for an elite player. It's very possible that this is all a negotiation tactic to try to wear down Elliott as low as he'll go before finally giving in right before the season starts, and if so that's fine, but it's going to be real pathetic if this guy misses games over 1 million in AAV because the front office wants to hold some made-up negotiating line. This is based on the assumption that a deal averaging 14.5-15 a year would put this to bed.
              How do you know what Zeke is demanding?

Comment

• It's an assumption, I can't imagine that he's actually asking for 15+, I guess we'll find out eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                  It's an assumption, I can't imagine that he's actually asking for 15+, I guess we'll find out eventually.
                  If he is, he is completely unreasonable given the landscape.

Comment

• Imagine how much money Dak stands to lose if Zeke is a long term holdout or ends up traded. Assuming he(Dak) isn't signed before the season starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                      It would be a great show of leadership for Dak to take a reduced rate contract in order to free the team to sign Zeke to the elite money he deserves.
                      Ain't hap'nin
                      Dak will demand big time money even though he's average at best. Unfortunately, there's not enough Jaylon Smiths in this league.

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

• If he says no then he can hold out all year for all I care. Trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                            If he says no then he can hold out all year for all I care. Trade him.
                            We have talked a lot about average annual salary but we should probably be more concerned about the guarantees given his history.

Comment

• Antonio Bryant (yep, our former guy) is saying the Zeke deal is about to get done.

Have no idea how he knows, but when there were some whispers that Russell Wilson might get traded he posted something about "Wilson about to be the leagues highest paid player" and it happened (maybe the very next day)

Comment

• By the way, you can see a microcosm of exactly why I swore off IdiotZone years ago and never went back in that Zeke new offer thread there today. It's no wonder that other teams fans universally regard Cowboy fans as the most ignorant, reading through that thread alone you will some of the most asinine shit ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X