PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is zoner esque stuff here.

WTF? Didn't pay Emmitt? Didn't pay Dez? Ware made a boatload of money here. Murray took the highest bid and left.

Not sure what your point is.
Speaking of zoner esque stuff... Of course they made their money while here. He's talking about at the end of their time here in Dallas. They wanted more than we were willing to pay, and rightfully so. Not that hard to figure out what he's talking about, especially if you're capable of comprehending the part where he mentions they were then CUT.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Speaking of zoner esque stuff... Of course they made their money while here. He's talking about at the end of their time here in Dallas. They wanted more than we were willing to pay, and rightfully so. Not that hard to figure out what he's talking about, especially if you're capable of comprehending the part where he mentions they were then CUT.
:youdint

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Now its hard to figure out what you are talking about. "They wanted more than we were willing to pay". Dez wasn't up for a new contract, neither was Emmitt when (Parcells) cut him. Ware was a cap cut not a money (new contract) disagreement.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now its hard to figure out what you are talking about. "They wanted more than we were willing to pay". Dez wasn't up for a new contract, neither was Emmitt when (Parcells) cut him. Ware was a cap cut not a money (new contract) disagreement.
I was initially talking about Emmitt and the cut that was made in his final year. Even though he was still under contract his pay was considerably more than what his perceived production would be so it was a pretty difficult decision to let him go from a historical perspective, still he was cut and to me that was a hard stance. It was essentially an economic determination not unlike a new contract request.

The same could be said of Bryant and Ware.
Sorry for the confusion.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Jerry's gonna have to fish or cut bait. Either lay a final offer on the table or just sign him. We can't afford to start off 0-2 like we did with Emmitt in 93'. After our first three games it gets tough. They have to draw a line in the sand and not back down if they're serious about not setting the market.

hstour

Brand New Member
I tend to agree, putting aside the moral aspects of breaking a contract. ("Contracts are made to be broken" the saying goes.)
There really isn't a moral aspect. Teams break them all the time. That's why it is so important for players to look at the money over the first 2-3 years.

As Andrew Brandt says, today's NFL contracts are 2 years and then "we'll see."

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is all just bullshit posturing, Jerry himself said a few days ago that anything he says to the media is a negotiation. The only point that I'll start to really believe that he's going to miss games is if a deal isn't done by this Sunday and/or if he doesn't show by next Wednesday.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is all just bullshit posturing, Jerry himself said a few days ago that anything he says to the media is a negotiation. The only point that I'll start to really believe that he's going to miss games is if a deal isn't done by this Sunday and/or if he doesn't show by next Wednesday.
I still think Zeke will show up. Both sides are just posturing at this point. As a fan it's just become annoying. It won't even feel good when Zeke is signed. It will just feel like a spoiled child got his way.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The most annoying part of it all are the breathless, knee-jerk, panic monkey reactions from media and fans to every little half fart of an inkling of a story, but that's society nowadays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The most annoying part of it all are the breathless, knee-jerk, panic monkey reactions from media and fans to every little half fart of an inkling of a story, but that's society nowadays.
It is, the whole thing has become annoying to me because every other day there is some new report, someone getting offended or a new offer being made that is never accepted. I'd rather it all take place behind closed doors and when a deal is done announce the deal. Of course it's hard for that to happen when Zeke decides to hold out. You'll notice you don't hear annoying updates all the time on Cooper and Dak. Not that you hear nothing on their deals but it's nothing like the Zeke stuff.

GShock

DCC 4Life
:buddy

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The constant chatter is getting annoying.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There really isn't a moral aspect. Teams break them all the time. That's why it is so important for players to look at the money over the first 2-3 years.

As Andrew Brandt says, today's NFL contracts are 2 years and then "we'll see."
I thought the saying was records were made to be broken.
i put this on the wrong response.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Great job, Jerry.

Assuming the playoffs in August has worked so well for this franchise in the past.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Great job, Jerry.

Assuming the playoffs in August has worked so well for this franchise in the past.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about lightening Zeke's workload so that he'd be fresher down the stretch. I'm also pretty sure all teams that make the playoffs one year, assume that they're going to be there the next.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Great job, Jerry.

I have no idea what Jones was saying. Seem to me he just rolled out something to avoid saying there was no progress with the contract negotiations.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Top Bottom