Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that heís planning a training-camp*holdout

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Iíve had enough of this drama queen bullshit. And from Dak, too. Oh, he doesnít really want $40m? He can go fuck himself. He should be a team player and sign for the $25m heíd get on any other smart team.
    I love when Joe Fans say a player should take less money. Makes me laugh every time. Would you take less money on a possibly promotion at your job? Hell no you wouldnít. Nothing is guaranteed with injury potential in this game. You get your money when you can.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Uhh, no. Jerry's window is too small for that. Get the deals done.
      fify
      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I mean by that logic you might as well trade away Cooper, Zeke and Dak. Just tank and take another QB if Dak isn't capable of going to a Superbowl. I disagree with that assessment but if that's what you think of Dak there is no reason to even mess around.
        If you are going to have a QB that hasn't really accomplished much but yet wants to be one of the highest paid QB's, then yeah it may be time to let him go.

Comment

• Iíll say this much...Jason Garrett canít possibly be held responsible for this teamís performance with this much turmoil amongst his most marquee players. Iíd give him a pass to 2020.

Comment

I love when Joe Fans say a player should take less money. Makes me laugh every time. Would you take less money on a possibly promotion at your job? Hell no you wouldnít. Nothing is guaranteed with injury potential in this game. You get your money when you can.
            I would absolutely take less money to play for the Cowboys.

Youíll make it up in endorsements anyway, probably, or the guaranteed TV gig after you retire.

And there is more to life than money. When you are talking about $100 million versus $150 million, but for the $150 million I have to be an Eagle or a Redskin, uh, Iíll take the $100m to be a Cowboy and have fond memories the rest of my life as well.

Yes of course I would switch jobs if I found an employer willing to pay me $150k a year instead of $100k a year, hypothetically. But at that salary range, thatís a huge difference.

What can you really do with $150m that you canít do with $100m? Serious question. You can have multiple mansions wherever you want. You can never work again. You can travel wherever and whenever you want. Your interest alone probably nets you millions a year to live off.

But neither amount is ďbuy a sports teamĒ/billionaire money. The next leap up from $100m, life style wise, probably doesnít come until youíve got a billion dollars or more.

Comment

Uhh, no. Our window is too small for that. Get the deals done.
              The only reason our window is small is because of the looming cap disaster brought on by potential massive Zeke and Dak extensions.

We are a a pretty young team, and the backbone pieces on the DL are young enough to be a long term strength. The OL pieces have probably reached the midpoint or after (Martin and Frederick about halfway through, Tyron a little more), but if we keep getting guys like Connor Williams and McGovern in the mid rounds it will extend that shelf life.

And we have two good young wide receivers in Cooper and Gallup.

Theoretically speaking if we were to trade Zeke and Dak for assets that we used to select a QB high in the first next year, and that QB was a Goff/Wentz type, and then selected a RB in the second or third, we could use the savings on re-signing our LBs, Malik Collins and Byron Jones, etc, and probably be a division competing team every year for the foreseeable future.

Of course this is best case scenario. But F it, there are risks with signing Dak and Zeke too.

Comment

• Good thing we have a competent General Manager to balance the legitimately competing interests here.

And remember, regardless of what happens, even if it all comes crashing down into the worst possible case scenario, I mean truly terrible, like we don't make a NFC championship game (much less Super Bowl) for something absurd, like a quarter century - literally the worst sustained performance in franchise history, Jerry's profits will continue to grow exponentially.

Comment

• Jerruh, write that down on a napkin, pass it to Dak and git Ďer dun for $30M.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Theoretically speaking if we were to trade Zeke and Dak for assets that we used to select a QB high in the first next year, and that QB was a Goff/Wentz type, and then selected a RB in the second or third, we could use the savings on re-signing our LBs, Malik Collins and Byron Jones, etc, and probably be a division competing team every year for the foreseeable future.
                    Probably easier to dump Zeke and draft a RB next year. It's easier than rolling the dice on a rookie QB. And RBs aren't that hard to find.

Of course if you don't think Dak has what it takes to ever get a team to the Super Bowl keeping him around will just keep you that much further from Tua Tagovailoa. I wouldn't want to mess with more questionable QB prospects like Herbert.

And oh yeah, Garrett has to go in this process. You can't have him trying to develop your QB.

Comment

• Just wondering....
                      Smith and Frederick were extended before their contracts were up, right? Other than Zeke having two years left and crying about money, what's the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
                        Just wondering....
                        Smith and Frederick were extended before their contracts were up, right? Other than Zeke having two years left and crying about money, what's the difference?
                        They both took discounted deals. Zeke wants a deal that is more than any other RB in the NFL. That's the biggest difference. I see no problem with redoing a players contract 2 years early. But in doing so the team should get a discount on the player. Just as the player should be willing to do a discount because they are getting their money essentially 2 years early.

Comment

• Smith and Frederick both were signed to extensions in the August leading up to their 4th season, so it's almost identical, but they weren't holding out. I think most of the problem is on the Cowboys' end, they have sticker shock and are afraid of paying a RB, but when you take a RB in the top 5 and they live up to being the generational player you expected, you get over yourself and pay him, otherwise you just look like a bunch of near-sighted morons. I'm basing this on the assumption that Elliott wants $15 AAV, which is what's generally been reported, and is completely fair.

Comment

• Frederick's deal wasn't discounted, it made him the highest paid center in the league at the time I believe. Smith definitely took a discounted deal but the front office is being obtuse and delusional if they expect that to be the norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                              Smith and Frederick both were signed to extensions in the August leading up to their 4th season, so it's almost identical, but they weren't holding out. I think most of the problem is on the Cowboys' end, they have sticker shock and are afraid of paying a RB, but when you take a RB in the top 5 and they live up to being the generational player you expected, you get over yourself and pay him, otherwise you just look like a bunch of near-sighted morons. I'm basing this on the assumption that Elliott wants $15 AAV, which is what's generally been reported, and is completely fair.
                              Frankly the other portion of it is those guys had no off the field issues. Zeke has already been suspended once and can't seem to keep his face off cameras doing stupid shit. No one wants to sign a guy who is going to go out and get suspended again. And Zeke is far closer to that then either of those lineman.

Comment

• You're right but they're also seemingly willing to pay him more than Bell got, which I'd assume is roughly 13.5-14 AAV, what the hell is the difference if you throw another 1-1.5 million per year on there? In the grand scheme it's basically nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X