Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sturm: Breaking down the “Zeke decision,” which will determine Cowboys’ direction for years to come

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the most recent season is a better indicator of who is better than the most recent 9 games where one of the players got hotter than the other player.

I can’t believe this is an actual debate; but that’s homerism for you. Anything to make their guy look better.

Meanwhile, check the national writer’s rankings. Hmmm. Wentz at 8, Prescott at 17.

Nope. The Cowboys fans have it right. Prescott is just as good. Yeah, everyone else on the planet would make fun of us for being completely deluded, but as long as we are here in this safe space echo chamber, we can say things like:

“Why is the last season or the last two seasons more relevant than Prescott’s last nine games? You, not me, are being arbitrary. Oh, and now to make it look even better, let’s add in rookie stats, because we all know rookie performance is a legit indicator of what a player ends up as, way more than the second or third year.”

Comment

Nothing but fools gold.

Give me the winner every time.
      #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
        Elliot didn’t show at TC. If jones caves in for his demands he will never see the end of player discontent on his team.
        Each case is different. Elliot’s never had more leverage, and with the beating he takes as a RB he needs every bit of it. You saw what Dallas did to Murray and they stand to treat Zeke the same way. From Zeke’s perspective he must pull an Emmit and hold out.

Dak hasn’t proven he can win without Elliot. If they struggle vs NY without Elliot and Saquon tears them up it will be even worse. Follow that with a division loss vs Washington as they win playing pass all day and you risk the whole season over a pissing contest.

This team is not the same without Zeke.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post

Each case is different. Elliot’s never had more leverage, and with the beating he takes as a RB he needs every bit of it. You saw what Dallas did to Murray and they stand to treat Zeke the same way. From Zeke’s perspective he must pull an Emmit and hold out.

Dak hasn’t proven he can win without Elliot. If they struggle vs NY without Elliot and Saquon tears them up it will be even worse. Follow that with a division loss vs Washington as they win playing pass all day and you risk the whole season over a pissing contest.

This team is not the same without Zeke.
          The team won’t be the same if jones gives in to him. Player discontent and pseudo injured players will be on the rise.
          Since Day One

Comment

This thread is pretty interesting don’t you think. Who said stats don’t mean anything. Here on this topic they are everything.

Since Day One

Comment

Zeke would be less crucial to Dallas if they had a head coach who was adaptable, fast on his feet, innovative, and forward thinking. None of that describes Garrett.

Zeke would be less crucial to Dallas if they had a seasoned, proven, top-10 QB. None of that, as yet, describes Dak.

Whatever success Dak has had to date is directly attributable to Zeke.
              Last edited by deadrise; 07-27-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                Nothing but fools gold.

Give me the winner every time.
                Yep.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

By the way, what has Dak won? I agree he has “IT but I don’t know that he’s clear cut a “winner.” Wentz at least put his team in a position to win a Super Bowl. Prescott hasn’t clear cut done better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                    By the way, what has Dak won? I agree he has “IT but I don’t know that he’s clear cut a “winner.” Wentz at least put his team in a position to win a Super Bowl. Prescott hasn’t clear cut done better than that.
                    Dak Prescott is 32-16 as a starter.

Carson Wentz is 23-17 as a starter.

That's pretty clear cut.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      Wentz has never even participated in a playoff game...

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Meanwhile, check the national writer’s rankings. Hmmm. Wentz at 8, Prescott at 17.
                        Holy shit. That's a LOT of Bison fans. Their influence is spreading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Dak Prescott is 32-16 as a starter.

Carson Wentz is 23-17 as a starter.

That's pretty clear cut.
                          and one has been healthier by half a season.
                          defense wins championships

Comment

• Regardless of Wentz vs Dak, what's troof is we're gonna pay Top 5 cash for a non-Top 5 QB because of league-wide QB shortage of supply & demand.

Damned if we sign Dak for Top 5 cash and, if we don't, doomed finding someone better while settling with a JAG. Look at the Broncos who didn't want to be Dak'd into signing Osweiler for big money. While they didn't dish out big money, who can say they "won" when they've gone 9-7, 5-11 and 6-10 since.

Comment

• Comment

• Jerry is using the media as a negotiating tool, they'll eventually end up giving Elliott a deal that exceeds Gurley, hopefully just marginally with something like 4/60.

Comment

Working...
                                X