Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sturm: Breaking down the “Zeke decision,” which will determine Cowboys’ direction for years to come

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

This dummy chiming in is comical at this stage.
    Zeke is a great back, we all get it. Zeke will get paid in time. But try not fucking up for a year first.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Asinine. So you trade two durable starters, one of which is the best in the game, for a guy that has yet to have a complete top echelon season?
      You literally just said you'd let him walk.

Wentz is better than Prescott hands down. We have the line to protect him. And QB is the most important position on the field, bar none, and it's not even close.

I'd probably throw in picks if I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

As it stands right now I wouldn't trade Wentz for Dak straight up. Too many injuries being a big part of that opinion.
        People are over stating his injury concerns because of the color of his uniform.

I'd trade him for Dak so fucking fast all of our heads would spin.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post

People are over stating his injury concerns because of the color of his uniform.

Go Bison!

Comment

Wentz would not be my first or even tenth choice.

He’s an injury prone pocket passer who’s never had poor pass protection and always had great running and great defense.

Dak is flawed but he’s tougher both physically and for having played through adversity.

Daks game keeps improving, too

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
              Wentz would not be my first or even tenth choice.

He’s an injury prone pocket passer who’s never had poor pass protection and always had great running and great defense.

Dak is flawed but he’s tougher both physically and for having played through adversity.

Daks game keeps improving, too
              I would take either but I prefer the guy I know can do great in our offense over the guy I don't know. The Eagles have a system that made Foles look like a stud and I'm confident Foles is not that good. I'm sure Wentz benefits from the same system.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDak View Post

There is not a single rational analysis that would conclude otherwise.

Dak has had periods of time in this league where he has been straight up bad. Starting with the beginning of last year. His stats were Quincy Carter level bad, and that is not hyperbole, it's fact. He was on par with a tier that includes Colin Kaepernick, who has been laughed out of the league.

Yes, once we improved his passing game weapons last year, he looked significantly better, but even that "significantly better" still had some glaring problems. The offense still sputtered, especially in the redzone. He still took too many sacks. He still was too conservative with the passing attack. Let's hope some of that is on the coaching game plan, and let's hope the coaching game plan was due to not fully trusting Dak due to his youth, and let's hope that this approach will be ending with Moore on board.

But none of us really know that at all; all we can say is, Dak himself needs to be better. Not just the playcalling. Not just calling more QB scrambles. Dak needs to be better himself, even better than he was the last 9 games or so of last season.... especially if he’s about to be sucking up $25m-$30m a year or more.

Of course, that last half season was certainly promising and a step in the right direction, but it increased his passing output to "acceptable" -- or maybe even "solid" when you take into account his running yardage and touchdown production. But projecting him out, you'd certainly have to conclude that a best case, absolute best case scenario for Prescott is probably Russell Wilson. Which is a top 10 QB, but not a top 5 QB.

Wentz has already posted two straight vastly superior statistical seasons and it looks to be trending that way permanently. As you say, the injury concerns are overblown, and when he's on the field, he's just better.
                Last edited by mschmidt64; 07-26-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I would take either but I prefer the guy I know can do great in our offense over the guy I don't know. The Eagles have a system that made Foles look like a stud and I'm confident Foles is not that good. I'm sure Wentz benefits from the same system.
                  Foles has gotten teams to the playoffs in the past couple of years and has fared pretty darn good. I don’t think Dak could match his performance and Wentz hasn’t been able to play so who what he would do. Give Foles a reasonable time and his vertical game is among the leaders in the NFL. This is overthe span of the last two years.
                  Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Wentz has already posted two straight vastly superior statistical seasons and it looks to be trending that way permanently. As you say, the injury concerns are overblown, and when he's on the field, he's just better.
                    That's a pretty bold statement for a QB who went 5-6 as a starter last year.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

Foles has gotten teams to the playoffs in the past couple of years and has fared pretty darn good. I don’t think Dak could match his performance and Wentz hasn’t been able to play so who what he would do. Give Foles a reasonable time and his vertical game is among the leaders in the NFL. This is overthe span of the last two years.
                      And outside of those two years Foles has been one of the worst QBs in the NFL. That's kind of the point. The Eagles system makes things easy for a QB. (Not just coaching but great offensive line play and receivers)

Comment

And outside of those two years Foles has been one of the worst QBs in the NFL. That's kind of the point. The Eagles system makes things easy for a QB. (Not just coaching but great offensive line play and receivers)
                        Most good performing QBs have good lines. It’s one of the tools that contributes to the production of QBs.
                        Since Day One

Comment

The statement speaks for itself with the seasons he had a decent team around him. Not to mention a SB MVP.
                          Since Day One

Comment

Most good performing QBs have good lines. It’s one of the tools that contributes to the production of QBs.
                            Sure, but you can't ignore the rest of his career. That's sort of the point. He didn't change. Everything around him changed and frankly he has won more big games than Wentz with that surrounding cast at this point.

Comment

The statement speaks for itself with the seasons he had a decent team around him. Not to mention a SB MVP.
                              Wentz has never been a Superbowl MVP. The statement was about Wentz.

Comment

Football is a team sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X