Walker: Jason Witten return is 'once-in-a-lifetime' chance for young TEs

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not sure Witten is superior to Jarwin. If he takes over Jarwin's team record of 3tds in one game by a TE then I would reconsider but for now Jarwin has the chips in his pocket.
Kindergarten is back in session.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kindergarten is back in session.
His point is valid. If you are going to use that criteria for one then you have to use it here as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
His point is valid. If you are going to use that criteria for one then you have to use it here as well.
Use the criteria for what? What did you think the criteria was trying to establish?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not sure Witten is superior to Jarwin. If he takes over Jarwin's team record of 3tds in one game by a TE then I would reconsider but for now Jarwin has the chips in his pocket.
:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Use the criteria for what? What did you think the criteria was trying to establish?
Apparently, records are all that matter in judging a player. Until Witten can prove he can get 3 TDs in one game he is not proven to be superior to Jarwin.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Apparently, records are all that matter in judging a player. Until Witten can prove he can get 3 TDs in one game he is not proven to be superior to Jarwin.
What record did Jarwin hold?

Rev

Staff member
Well thats the criteria you used for Murray over Elliot. Same should be used here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well thats the criteria you used for Murray over Elliot. Same should be used here.
Not even close. The criteria I used was a Cowboys Rushing record. The comments are just being snide because nothing like that is evident.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not even close. The criteria I used was a Cowboys Rushing record. The comments are just being snide because nothing like that is evident.
The criteria I used is the most TD's in a game by a TE. I'm not saying Jarwin is better than Witten just that I'm not sure Witten can prove he's superior by beating his record.

Rev

Staff member
SAME DAMN THING. Just a different record. Now quit trying to move the goalpost.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The criteria I used is the most TD's in a game by a TE. I'm not saying Jarwin is better than Witten just that I'm not sure Witten can prove he's superior by beating his record.
Well that’s ’s your own criteria. It isn’’t the same thing I used. A Franchise rushing record was involved in my hypothetical. You criteria would change from game to game because you are not using an established legitimate record. It’s time to move on.

Cotton

Staff member
Well that’s your own criteria. It isn’t the same thing I used. A Franchise rushing record was involved in ny hypothetical. You criteria would change from game to game because you are not using an established legitimate record. It’s time to move on.
:picard

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
SAME DAMN THING. Just a different record. Now quit trying to move the goalpost.
Quit being obstinate, it isn’t the same. You are just pulling something out of the air. Get some legitimate standard bearer. What record are you supposing for Jarwin? The TD,s a game? That’s not a franchise record.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What record are you supposing for Jarwin? The TD,s a game? That’s not a franchise record.
You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts. Jarwin has the franchise record for TD's in a game by a TE.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts. Jarwin has the franchise record for TD's in a game by a TE.
Okay let’s apply the criteria but to be complete we will need to add Billy Joe Dupree. Since Jarwin and Dupree hold the most TDS in a game for a TE with the Cowboys, I am not so sure Witten is Superior to them. Is that the answer you are looking for? Well this leaves it up for one to decide and it is opinion not a determination of anything and that is what I initially stated. Time will tell for one and the other is up to you to decide.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay let’s apply the criteria but to be complete we will need to add Billy Joe Dupree. Since Jarwin and Dupree hold the most TDS in a game for a TE with the Cowboys, I am not so sure Witten is Superior to them. Is that the answer you are looking for? Well this leaves it up for one to decide and it is opinion not a determination of anything and that is what I initially stated. Time will tell for one and the other is up to you to decide.
I mean if Witten is able to get 3 TDs in a game he can prove he is as good as Jarwin. But we don't know if he is capable of that yet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I mean if Witten is able to get 3 TDs in a game he can prove he is as good as Jarwin. But we don't know if he is capable of that yet.
It's up to you to decide. I think Witten is plenty capable of a lot more Football but some seem to think he is washed up. and for the record I have never used "as good" or "better. That's some thing some of you guys jumped on. I made an observation about two running backs and used the term " not necessarily superior and everyone jumped on it as if I made a conclusive determination of who was better. You guys need to pay more attention to your work.

Cotton

Staff member
It's up to you to decide. I think Witten is plenty capable of a lot more Football but some seem to think he is washed up. and for the record I have never used "as good" or "better. That's some thing some of you guys jumped on. I made an observation about two running backs and used the term " not necessarily superior and everyone jumped on it as if I made a conclusive determination of who was better. You guys need to pay more attention to your work.
That’s the point, though. If you say “not necessarily superior” you are implying (or flat out saying) he is on the same level as Zeke because of one record. A point was brought up about another record and the subsequent logic was applied and you pushed back. You are on a stupid hill and you’’re dying a stupid death because of it. Just stop.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That’s the point, though. If you say “not necessarily superior” you are implying (or flat out saying) he is on the same level as Zeke because of one record. A point was brought up about another record and the subsequent logic was applied and you pushed back. You are on a stupid hill and you’’re dying a stupid death because of it. Just stop.
Take it however you want to. I’m tired of you guys telling me what you think I said and that is what being really presumptuous is. So have the final say if it makes you feel better. And no I’m not saying or implying anyone is on the same level. I said one isn’t necessarily superior. So that’s that

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Witten is your next HC, Bradie Bottle Lock that shit.

Top Bottom