Elliott To Meet With Goodell Tuesday

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh, we have a pretty good defense and a clutch QB. As long as the game is close Dak has a good shot of pulling it out in the end.
This is definitely the offseason. Hope springs eternal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Homer.

I will admit it looks good on paper so far, there are still serious dumb things that we still do that makes me pause before I would ever label it "golden age".

It might be the "golden age" of the incredibly average Garrett era. It is more like the pinnacle.

This team this year is the result of a lot of hard work to keep that dork in charge. It is all coming to a head.
It's not really just about this particular roster and this particular season, I think it's pretty obvious that in general the way this team has drafted and been run with regard to personnel since about 2013 has been much more grounded and pragmatic than at any time since basically Jimmy left.

We all know that Garrett is a shitbird, keeping him around is pretty much the only major gripe I have but I can't blame Stephen/McClay too much for that because I think there's some extenuating circumstances going on there as far as Jerry. With that said, if we had, say a top 10 type of HC, I have no doubt whatsoever that we would've been to at least one Super Bowl since 2014, with a decent chance at a title.

Put all that together with the current roster, which is arguably as strong as we've had here in at least a decade, and I think it's fair to call this a "golden age" of sorts, only relative to the shit sandwich this organization was from about 1994-2010ish.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We went 3-3 Without Zeke and definitely have a better roster now. So no its not crazy to think we could survive 4 games.
Dak, the WR group and the OL are much better than what we had over those 6 games as well. I'd expect 2-2 at the very least, with a realistic possibility of 3-1.

We have the personnel for sure, as far as the coaches/play-caller(s), who the hell knows?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
as far as the coaches/play-caller(s), who the hell knows?
This is still the wildcard, as good as the roster is lately if it's hampered by shitty play design/playcalling it will amount to naught. And Garrett's last statement that it is a group effort says to me he will have much more input than stated by the optimistic media

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]All Ezekiel Elliot Cowboys Angles As He Meets with Roger Goodell[/h]

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lifetime ban imminent.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not getting suspended but if I was Stephen I'd put a clause in his extension that any remaining guaranteed money is voided if he's suspended for more than 2 games at any time.

You want 16 AAV? The most guaranteed money for a RB ever?

Sure, but if your dumbass can't stay out of trouble it's going to be a year to year deal where you can be cut anytime because all the guaranteed money becomes non-guaranteed.

data

Forbes #1
In all fairness, what Zeke did is a 15-yard penalty in today’s NFL.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Great News On Ezekiel Elliott Suspension Possibility And Thoughts on His Statement[/h]

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Cool, hopefully sometime soon this moron learns that he can drink and fuck in the privacy of his home with no shitbirds looming around looking to sell their iPhone video to TMZ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As Jerry Jones said not long after the Las Vegas incident involving Ezekiel Elliott, he did not believe it would rise to the level of penalty from the NFL and it did not after the running back met with Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday. But you can bet Goodell told Elliott there will not be anymore benefits of the doubt going forward should he be involved in anything else that potentially runs afoul of the personal conduct policy.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer2m ago

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Like I said, there needs to be clause in his extension that voids any remaining guaranteed money if he's suspended more than 2 games at any point. Make him the highest paid RB in the league, give him the most guaranteed money, give him that respect, but put the onus on him to stop doing dumb shit. He can't even really argue against it either or else he'd basically be saying, "hey I want to continue being a dumbass and you should let me with no repercussions".

Top Bottom