Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lifetime ban incoming.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lifetime ban incoming.
That or at least more games than Tyreek Hill will ever get. All for bowing up on some dipshit rent-a-cop at a concert.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
At least try to disguise the bias, Roger. Good lord.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd bet Goodell is just going to try to scare him straight(er). Doubt Zeke gets the message.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
While the NFL is completely full of shit, part of me is curious to see a test case of 2-4 games without Elliott. Obviously he was out in 2017 but I feel like Dak has grown a good bit since then, and the rest of the team is much stronger than it was then also. You want 30+ million? Go 3-1 without Elliott.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Running back Ezekiel Elliott will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York on Tuesday to discuss a May incident in Las Vegas, according to a source. Elliott was briefly detained by police, however a player can be subject to penalty under the personal conduct policy without an arrest. Elliott was suspended six games in 2017 under the personal-conduct policy, stemming from an alleged incident in 2016 involving a former girlfriend in Columbus, Ohio, but he was not arrested or charged by police.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

p1_

DCC 4Life
While the NFL is completely full of shit, part of me is curious to see a test case of 2-4 games without Elliott. Obviously he was out in 2017 but I feel like Dak has grown a good bit since then, and the rest of the team is much stronger than it was then also. You want 30+ million? Go 3-1 without Elliott.
you might have enough weapons on offense now to do that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly I know there is a thread on here talking about some fans losing interest in the team. And I know most will blame Jerry for their loss of interest. The truth is I never lost interest even back in the shit Dave Campo days. If there is anything about the NFL driving fans like myself away it's bullshit like this. It's arbitrarily and in a bias fashion punishing certain teams and players. Combine that with officials basically deciding who wins and loses a game and the NFL has become hard to watch at times.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Could also be (another) test case for Zeke's worth as well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree that the thing truly pushing me away from the NFL a bit is how sanctimonious, self-righteous, unfair and feckless the league office is in terms of both suspensions and rule enforcement/changes. If anything, the way the Cowboys are being run right now is a golden age of sorts with smart, pragmatic decisions being made in the draft and restraint being shown in free agency. I could easily argue that this is the best time to be a Cowboy fan in the last 20 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If anything, the way the Cowboys are being run right now is a golden age of sorts with smart, pragmatic decisions being made in the draft and restraint being shown in free agency. I could easily argue that this is the best time to be a Cowboy fan in the last 20 years.
Homer.

I will admit it looks good on paper so far, there are still serious dumb things that we still do that makes me pause before I would ever label it "golden age".

It might be the "golden age" of the incredibly average Garrett era. It is more like the pinnacle.

This team this year is the result of a lot of hard work to keep that dork in charge. It is all coming to a head.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are fucked if Elliott gets suspended again.

My watered down corporate interpretation here:

p1_

DCC 4Life
This team this year is the result of a lot of hard work to keep that dork in charge. It is all coming to a head.
Thank God, some resolution to this lingering coaching issue would be a damned sight for sore eyes. I wonder if he's in any way up for/ up to this challenge.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are fucked if Elliott gets suspended again.

My watered down corporate interpretation here:

Depends how long he would be gone for. 4 games I definitely think we could survive. Pollard can catch the ball a bunch and we can certainly get enough production from these backs on the ground to win games. But if we lose him for half a season or more we would be in real trouble. Our identity is to pound the ball and without Zeke we wpuld have no one who can punish a defense with the run.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Depends how long he would be gone for. 4 games I definitely think we could survive. Pollard can catch the ball a bunch and we can certainly get enough production from these backs on the ground to win games. But if we lose him for half a season or more we would be in real trouble. Our identity is to pound the ball and without Zeke we wpuld have no one who can punish a defense with the run.
this bullshit offense is worth zero suspension. However, if he does get something, it has to be at most a single game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We don't have the coordinating chops to deal with an Elliott suspension.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We don't have the coordinating chops to deal with an Elliott suspension.
Eh, we have a pretty good defense and a clutch QB. As long as the game is close Dak has a good shot of pulling it out in the end.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Eh, we have a pretty good defense and a clutch QB. As long as the game is close Dak has a good shot of pulling it out in the end.
typically, we need Zeke to help keep games close.

Top Bottom