Life is strange

midswat

... soon
One day you live and breath cowboys football and virtually the first thing you do each morning and almost the last thing at night is read and post about the team on your favorite forum.

Then one day you find you couldn’t give a f less about the team who’s wins or losses affected your mood for days and you out of the blue realize you haven’t been to the forum in weeks/months?

Idk what was the biggest contributing factor to this drastic change: Goodell as commish, Jerry as team owner, Garrett as “coach”, or Iamtdgs dumbass as site owner. Hmmmm

midswat

... soon
I’m only 41 though. If Booze can still love the team at 86, then 41 isn’t too old.

Im into CFB now like I used to be the NFL. And my team sucks so it isn’t a bandwagon thing.

#soon #Gruden #sources #immidswatyadumbasses

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've been heading down this path for at least ten years and I've been a fan since the 70s.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's like a loveless marriage. You want out, but you stay for the sake of the kids.
Yep. Very much like this. Or having an unfaithful whore of a spouse that comes crawling back, gives you a decent enough lay every couple of years and you tolerate them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It’s way more the Jones ownership nightmare than anything else, at least as it pertains to the Cowboys themselves. Garrett is a symptom; if he’s even a big problem, which I don’t necessarily agree with.

But I think the bigger issue is the shitty state of the NFL in general. The Cowboys should be a hands on favorite for a playoff berth, maybe a division title, and, with some luck, a deep playoff run. They have that kind of talent everywhere but QB, important as that is.

Yet I don’t give a fuck.

I’ll tune in when the season starts, but I used to pine for the start of training camp and hang on every article desperate for news in the offseason. Now it’s like, eh, I’ll check in when something important happens.

Meanwhile I can’t get enough of the hockey offseason. So I know it’s not just that I don’t have time to follow. The NFL just isn’t bringing the excitement anymore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've said it elsewhere but it's the sad state of the NFL. Referee decide games and now with expanded replay we will see even more of it. Instead of watching a big game winning catch. Now we will all get to hold our breath while the refs decide a game in replay.

On top of that you have Goodell basically picking his favorite teams and picking on the teams he isn't happy with. It makes the NFL far less enjoyable. When one team consistently gets all the holding calls and the other gets none while both Olines are doing the same thing it is beyond frustrating. Basically the NFL just doesn't have the same feel to it that it used to. And maybe it's just parity. Great teams fall apart one season to the next and it never really feels like talent is consistent from one season to the next.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've said it elsewhere but it's the sad state of the NFL. Referee decide games and now with expanded replay we will see even more of it. Instead of watching a big game winning catch. Now we will all get to hold our breath while the refs decide a game in replay.

On top of that you have Goodell basically picking his favorite teams and picking on the teams he isn't happy with. It makes the NFL far less enjoyable. When one team consistently gets all the holding calls and the other gets none while both Olines are doing the same thing it is beyond frustrating. Basically the NFL just doesn't have the same feel to it that it used to. And maybe it's just parity. Great teams fall apart one season to the next and it never really feels like talent is consistent from one season to the next.
This is mostly how I look at it, the years and years of mismanagement from Jerry laid the groundwork but the pitiful way the league and the game is run in general is what has really soured me.

The team is actually being run pretty well right now, and on some level I'm still excited about that, but the state of the game/league kind of puts a damper on everything.

data

Forbes #1
If there’s a proverbial camels straw, though, At least the Eagles will never win a Super Bowl.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A lot of malcontent about the NFL with some is the excessive coverage and availability of the games. What you are able to see now compared to 25 years ago is astronomical. If one is so inclined they can actually have access to every game that is played plus tons of replays and analysis commentary. This now occurs almost 6 months of the year. In the off season you can access the NFL channel as well. Compare this to the availability of games and coverages 25 to 30 years ago and the appreciation to see your team play once a week. Overload is responsible for some of the non appreciation of the NFL today. I have watched NFL games since 1953 on TV and the only thing I consistently get excited about is seeing my home team play. The rest is fluff.

As a sideline overload has also made a lot of hobbyist, pseudo experts of the game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
On top of that you have Goodell basically picking his favorite teams and picking on the teams he isn't happy with. It makes the NFL far less enjoyable.
Good thing is Goodell is gone in like 3 years, so there is a light at the end of this era of the NFL.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
For me, it's that phony, grinning fraud of a coach we have. Yes, of course that goes back to Jerry because he's the one who hires and enables him. But Garrett in particular makes my skin crawl. If Jerry at least made a good faith effort to hire the best coach he could, I'd be more on board.

I don't have much problem with the league overall except for a lot of the PC/lawsuit-inspired softening of the game, but to some degree that's out of their hands. In fact, I enjoy football overall as much as ever.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
For me, it's that phony, grinning fraud of a coach we have. Yes, of course that goes back to Jerry because he's the one who hires and enables him. But Garrett in particular makes my skin crawl. If Jerry at least made a good faith effort to hire the best coach he could, I'd be more on board.

I don't have much problem with the league overall except for a lot of the PC/lawsuit-inspired softening of the game, but to some degree that's out of their hands. In fact, I enjoy football overall as much as ever.

I second and third your take on this. Jerry has always been Jerry -- an egocentric numbskull -- but at least he's not boring.

But Garrett makes my skin crawl as well. Not only is he a third-rate coach, but he's boring. And a phony bore on top of that. What the fuck is he always grinning at? I'm trying to think of a time I saw Belichik grinning on the sideline. Or Tomlin. Or Sean Payton.

I look ahead to this season and think this team is pretty stacked. What will Jerry accept? Barring extraordinarily bad luck with injuries, there's no other excuse for not going deep into the playoffs. But it's odd with Garrett how low the expectations are.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When we were 3-5 last year I think they were ready to fire Garrett if the season continued on the way it did, so I think if we miss the playoffs he's for sure gone, and maybe even if we make it and embarrass ourselves by losing the first game, or perhaps losing the second in blowout fashion. I think Stephen is finally getting tired of the "low expectations/surprise success one year, followed by high expectations/disappointing failure the next" cycle that this team has followed since 2014.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When we were 3-5 last year I think they were ready to fire Garrett if the season continued on the way it did
So, you're saying Amari Cooper saved Jason Garrett's job.

data

Forbes #1
I don’t mind Jerruh making money. I support it.

Just don’t do it at the sacrifice of winning.

The architectural decisions to make a Cowboys Stadium the happiest place on Earth for opponents to play, refusal to hire a GM and puppet coaches...this is when it turns from Jerruh the brilliant businessman to the Cowboys are his plaything at the expense of fans loyalty.

midswat

... soon
Do they still mention during the broadcast that Gene picks out the art?

Top Bottom