X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
    It all comes down to whether or not Garrett maintains influence over the offensive design/play-calling, and to what extent.

I don't care what anybody says, Linehan was the play-caller but the offense was still heavily influenced by Garrett, and if that's still the case I think you'll see similar results. You'll probably get a handful of wrinkles thrown in over a few plays a game that will feel shoehorned into the same old play-calling patterns.

If Moore has indeed been granted nearly complete autonomy I'm sure the offense will benefit from being freshened up a bit.

Garrett's job is on the line. I can imagine Moore being on a very tight leash. Garrett could trust Linehan because they were clones in terms of lacking imagination and balls.

Cowboys' ball, first and ten after a change of possession. They take the field. Out comes the run-heavy personnel package. Everyone watching on TV, sitting in the stands, and the other team's DC knows Elliott gets the ball. For Garrett, it's always been the safe call. Now it'll be even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post

Garrett's job is on the line. I can imagine Moore being on a very tight leash. Garrett could trust Linehan because they were clones in terms of lacking imagination and balls.

Cowboys' ball, first and ten after a change of possession. They take the field. Out comes the run-heavy personnel package. Everyone watching on TV, sitting in the stands, and the other team's DC knows Elliott gets the ball. For Garrett, it's always been the safe call. Now it'll be even worse.
      I think that's not right. Moore will be given enough rope to hang himself. Obviously they won't let him completely tank the team. Abject failure will lead to a diminution of his responsibilities but you would always expect that.

My real worry is the team grasping all the motion and calls. That takes a relatively smart team. I do think the loss of Bryant and Williams likely added about 10 points to the average IQ of the offense. The only dumb one left is Zeke - and maybe Collins. Wonder if they will motion out Zeke much.
      Wow the link to change your signature is hard to find!

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post

I think that's not right. Moore will be given enough rope to hang himself. Obviously they won't let him completely tank the team. Abject failure will lead to a diminution of his responsibilities but you would always expect that.

My real worry is the team grasping all the motion and calls. That takes a relatively smart team. I do think the loss of Bryant and Williams likely added about 10 points to the average IQ of the offense. The only dumb one left is Zeke - and maybe Collins. Wonder if they will motion out Zeke much.

How do so many other teams manage the intricacies of the motions and calls? Even college offenses feature more motion and movement than Garrett's.

If Moore fails, someone's accountable. And it won't be Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Shit I'll take good for another year as opposed to this really good then miss the playoffs rollercoaster we have been on since the Romo days.
          Since the Romo days? My God, how low has the bar been set?

Comment

I spite of all the negative circumstances the team has performed above average comparatively, and their personnel roster is improving. There is the prospect that further improvements could occur this season with the impending changes. For now I am optimistic about the season unless things take a turn for the worse.
            Since Day One

Comment

Huh? You make no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Huh? You make no sense.
                I think maybe he thought you meant the Romo days were great ones? But that's not what you were saying.

Anyway, one thing to watch out for is the whole Garrett-Moore dynamic. Jerry said to tell him if Moore wasn't being given enough latitude, but still, Garrett is kind of a control freak and very concerned about his own image. He didn't like Callahan getting the playcalling reins at all and even took them back. Even if things go well, watch for Garrett to try to get credit somehow. And if they don't, Kellen better watch his back.
                2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                  These are the aspects of modern offense that Cowboys fans have been screaming for the past two seasons. While offenses like the Chiefs and the Rams make it look easy most Sunday's, everything the Cowboys do offensively always feels so difficult. Like they are slopping through the mud or running through quick-sand at times.
                  Very true. It all centered around Garrett/Linehan's lazy philosophy that relied way too much on players "out-talenting" the guy across from them.

If they actually do start incorporating a significant amount of pre-snap motion into the offense, that alone will be considered a huge step forward, IMO.
                  Last edited by 1bigfan13; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                    I would expect most to be skeptical about Moore because of his inexperience but but his knowledge about offenses and schemes , if he is given free rein , I believe will pay dividends right away. Button line for me is he has a far greater upside than the schemes he is replacing.
                    One thing that makes me hopeful about Kellen Moore is his age. Being that he's younger I think he's a lot more in tune with modern than older conservative natured coaches like Garrett and Linehan.

Comment

Cowboys Offense Outlook Very Promising--Kellen Moore Quotes

defense wins championships

Comment

Our Wildest Cowboys Offensive Dreams Appear To Be Coming True With Kellen Moore

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

One thing that makes me hopeful about Kellen Moore is his age. Being that he's younger I think he's a lot more in tune with modern than older conservative natured coaches like Garrett and Linehan.
                          I'd like to believe that, but given that he was in the coaches room last year...either he didn't speak up, they didn't listen, or he isn't the genius he's being sold as. We'll see soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

I'd like to believe that, but given that he was in the coaches room last year...either he didn't speak up, they didn't listen, or he isn't the genius he's being sold as. We'll see soon enough.
                            I'm hoping beyond hope that they just didn't listen to him. It would fit with Garrett's controlling nature.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

I'm hoping beyond hope that they just didn't listen to him. It would fit with Garrett's controlling nature.
                              True but then again Garrett is still his boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

Maybe Garrett's 'collaborative' environment is a new thing at The Star.

Comment

Working...
                                X