Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much ‘command’ does Kellen Moore really have in Dallas? - Todd Brock, CowboysWire

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much ‘command’ does Kellen Moore really have in Dallas? - Todd Brock, CowboysWire

How much ‘command’ does Kellen Moore really have in Dallas? - Todd Brock, CowboysWire
    Finally, let’s play follow the media trail as the CowboysWire Todd Brock uses quotes from an Ed Werder podcast to question how much influence Kellen Moore actually has.
    But Werder went on to suggest Moore may already have enough credibility- with club management, anyway- to warrant a direct line to the team owner himself.

“I think the most interesting statement that we have heard the entire offseason was from Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones not only mandated offensive change and the implementation of new concepts and creative thinking, but he promoted Kellen Moore in a year where he did not extend Jason Garrett- who, oh by the way, his calling card is as an offensive playcaller himself- and he’s again denied this offseason a chance to call plays with his own fate hanging in the balance here. Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”

What changes will Cowboys OC Kellen Moore bring to the Cowboys' offense in 2019?

defense wins championships

Comment

Really one reply to this? Jones totally nutcutting Jason and nobody says anything? Personally I don't know why you keep an offense minded coach who you dont' trust to weigh in on the offense. Get me Sean Payton...

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
        Really one reply to this? Jones totally nutcutting Jason and nobody says anything? Personally I don't know why you keep an offense minded coach who you dont' trust to weigh in on the offense. Get me Sean Payton...
        I think this was probably a compromise. I won't fire you as long as you back the hell off and let Moore run the offense with HIS OWN SYSTEM.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Can't be walking on eggshells now
          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Because our head coach was never a good coordinator. So he really just needs to be a walk around head coach at this point.

Comment

Talkin' Cowboys: Kellen Moore's Impact?

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

I think this was probably a compromise. I won't fire you as long as you back the hell off and let Moore run the offense with HIS OWN SYSTEM.
                poetic justice says Moore succeeds, and then takes Garrett's job.

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post

This is my hope.

Comment

Poetic justice would be Moore sandbagging games and complaining to Jerry to get Garrett fired midseason
                    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

More likely he saves Garrett's job, at least in the short term. I do think if Moore is successful he may eventually get a HC job but he is way too green at this point. I would think he would need at least a couple years as an OC until people start to sniff around. Unless we win the SB...

Comment

Again we all thought Linehan was hot shit when he started.

Recent history says there will be initial success followed by league defenses adjusting.

When neither Moore nor Garrett adjust successfully in response, it could result in a mass house cleaning if they fail to make the postseason or are humiliated in an early playoff elimination.

Comment

Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”

Not that I follow Jerry Jones's ramblings that closely, but did he really say these things? Publicly? "Circumvent the head coach and come to me?" Jerry said that, on the record?

Comment

Originally posted by deadrise View Post
                            Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

Not that I follow Jerry Jones's ramblings that closely, but did he really say these things? Publicly? "Circumvent the head coach and come to me?" Jerry said that, on the record?
                            There were players that have left that said this was happening in the past. I'm sure its happening now and I'm sure Jerry don't give a shit who knows.
                            #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post

There were players that have left that said this was happening in the past. I'm sure its happening now and I'm sure Jerry don't give a shit who knows.
                              Sounds like Jerry’s is Garretting Garrett.

Comment

Working...
                              X