How much ‘command’ does Kellen Moore really have in Dallas? - Todd Brock, CowboysWire

lostxn

DCC 4Life
How much ‘command’ does Kellen Moore really have in Dallas? - Todd Brock, CowboysWire
Finally, let’s play follow the media trail as the CowboysWire Todd Brock uses quotes from an Ed Werder podcast to question how much influence Kellen Moore actually has.
But Werder went on to suggest Moore may already have enough credibility- with club management, anyway- to warrant a direct line to the team owner himself.

“I think the most interesting statement that we have heard the entire offseason was from Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones not only mandated offensive change and the implementation of new concepts and creative thinking, but he promoted Kellen Moore in a year where he did not extend Jason Garrett- who, oh by the way, his calling card is as an offensive playcaller himself- and he’s again denied this offseason a chance to call plays with his own fate hanging in the balance here. Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”​

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]What changes will Cowboys OC Kellen Moore bring to the Cowboys' offense in 2019?[/h]

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Really one reply to this? Jones totally nutcutting Jason and nobody says anything? Personally I don't know why you keep an offense minded coach who you dont' trust to weigh in on the offense. Get me Sean Payton...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Really one reply to this? Jones totally nutcutting Jason and nobody says anything? Personally I don't know why you keep an offense minded coach who you dont' trust to weigh in on the offense. Get me Sean Payton...
I think this was probably a compromise. I won't fire you as long as you back the hell off and let Moore run the offense with HIS OWN SYSTEM.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Can't be walking on eggshells now

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because our head coach was never a good coordinator. So he really just needs to be a walk around head coach at this point.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Talkin' Cowboys: Kellen Moore's Impact?[/h]

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think this was probably a compromise. I won't fire you as long as you back the hell off and let Moore run the offense with HIS OWN SYSTEM.
poetic justice says Moore succeeds, and then takes Garrett's job.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Poetic justice would be Moore sandbagging games and complaining to Jerry to get Garrett fired midseason

lostxn

DCC 4Life
More likely he saves Garrett's job, at least in the short term. I do think if Moore is successful he may eventually get a HC job but he is way too green at this point. I would think he would need at least a couple years as an OC until people start to sniff around. Unless we win the SB...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Again we all thought Linehan was hot shit when he started.

Recent history says there will be initial success followed by league defenses adjusting.

When neither Moore nor Garrett adjust successfully in response, it could result in a mass house cleaning if they fail to make the postseason or are humiliated in an early playoff elimination.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”

Not that I follow Jerry Jones's ramblings that closely, but did he really say these things? Publicly? "Circumvent the head coach and come to me?" Jerry said that, on the record?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”

Not that I follow Jerry Jones's ramblings that closely, but did he really say these things? Publicly? "Circumvent the head coach and come to me?" Jerry said that, on the record?
There were players that have left that said this was happening in the past. I'm sure its happening now and I'm sure Jerry don't give a shit who knows.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There were players that have left that said this was happening in the past. I'm sure its happening now and I'm sure Jerry don't give a shit who knows.
Sounds like Jerry’s is Garretting Garrett.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Any sane owner would just fire the head coach and be done with it. Clearly there's a lack in confidence in Garrett's abilities. Why allow dead weight to keep hanging around?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any sane owner would just fire the head coach and be done with it. Clearly there's a lack in confidence in Garrett's abilities. Why allow dead weight to keep hanging around?
Yeah doesn't make any sense to me. If you have that little faith in Garrett, why is he your head coach? It's like Jerry knows he isn't a good head coach but is hell bent on teaching him how to br a good head coach. Which is funny as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jones totally nutcutting Jason and nobody says anything? Personally I don't know why you keep an offense minded coach who you dont' trust to weigh in on the offense.
The whole point is that Garrett will weigh in all over the offense. And I bet that Jones is actually hoping he does and succeeds so he can justify keeping him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The whole point is that Garrett will weigh in all over the offense. And I bet that Jones is actually hoping he does and succeeds so he can justify keeping him.
you can bet that garrett is playing it that way. As if it will be his influence, and not anything his coordinator does or 'creates', that spells the difference in terms of results on the field. If it goes well, Im sure Jerry will indeed credit Garrett, while hopefully Stephen will credit Moore. Then Jerry and Stephen can duke it out to see who stays and who goes.

Top Bottom