Rookie Minicamp/OTAs Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

Zeke's fucked if even the Cowboys' beat writers can not get the details correct.
No shit. He bumped him at worse. The dude tripped over a damn barricade or Zeke's push wouldn't have even resulted in him going to the ground.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
music to my ears. my football loins twitching.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Safety George Iloka said he knows the defense, yet remains behind Heath on the depth chart. Iloka continues to struggle in coverage and looks lost at times. He was beaten badly for a touchdown as receiver Devin Street
Whoa. If Devin Street walked in off the street and beat him, bad things.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Athletic: Is there always a fight for you to stay on the 53-man roster?

Gathers: For me, I just simply don’t worry about it, I just come in and show up and do my job. As long as I wake up, I got a job; that’s the only thing that matters to me. With that mindset, it makes it easier for me to come out here and do my job, and at the end of the day, if they tell me they want to part ways, then you’ve just got to accept it. I feel like I do exactly what I need to do for this team for my growth as a tight end.

The Athletic: Is the game becoming a little more familiar to you now? You really haven’t played since middle school before taking up the game again.

Gathers: When you’ve been doing something for three years, just hearing different terminology and stuff, and then you know you finally get one year to just go out there and learn while playing, you come back in and set your plan for the offseason and really attack the mental side of it. Even with a new offensive coordinator (Moore), some of the stuff stays the same and some of it has changed. As long as you have your principles, you can go out and execute.

The Athletic: How do you deal with the possibility the team might cut you?

Gathers: It’s all about chemistry, they want to put a team full of guys who match well together. At the end of the day, (front office) makes the ultimate decision. All you can do is move on and keep pushing. I just come in and execute whatever they ask of me to execute. Just don’t even worry about the competition part. It’s all about accountability at this point.
The Athletic: So how do you feel about your suspension?

Gathers: …......

Top Bottom