Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hilarious! I and everyone else had forgotten about all those complaints until you skillfully and deftly inserted them into the conversation here!

When we make a championship game this year and Garrett gets a lifetime extension, the consternation it causes you will be my main source of joy.
Thank you. Because it was meant to be. Thought you'd maybe get that from the last line. Guess not.

Defending your boy is serious business.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Hilarious! I and everyone else had forgotten about all those complaints until you skillfully and deftly inserted them into the conversation here!

When we make a championship game this year and Garrett gets a lifetime extension, the consternation it causes you will be my main source of joy.
There might be a chance that Garrett gets this team to a championship this year, but IMO it will be because of an abundance of talent not because of his coaching.

I still believe Garrett is a guy stuck in the 90’s and uses the “don’t do anything to beat yourself” mentality that simply doesn’t work in this era of football.

Afterall....when have we ever seen Garrett pull a Sean Payton and call a 40 yard pass play on 3rd and 2 with under a minute left to try and ice a game? We haven’t, and we never will even though the talent is there at QB and WR to do it. It’s not in Garrett’s comfort zone to do anything like that.

Garrett coaches scared, and that’s most likely never going to win him a championship.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There might be a chance that Garrett gets this team to a championship this year, but IMO it will be because of an abundance of talent not because of his coaching.

I still believe Garrett is a guy stuck in the 90’s and uses the “don’t do anything to beat yourself” mentality that simply doesn’t work in this era of football.

Afterall....when have we ever seen Garrett pull a Sean Payton and call a 40 yard pass play on 3rd and 2 with under a minute left to try and ice a game? We haven’t, and we never will even though the talent is there at QB and WR to do it. It’s not in Garrett’s comfort zone to do anything like that.

Garrett coaches scared, and that’s most likely never going to win him a championship.
Garrett is not Sean Payton and hopefully we get a shot at hiring Payton or a guy like Lincoln Riley soon.

But the hyperbole gets way out of hand.

I think he has shown he’s willing to change things and defer to his OC, as we experienced a pretty big shift when Linehan arrived and apparently now again with Moore. But that’s a credit to him as a head coach, given that it’s apparent that he’s not an innovative scheme guru himself.

And yes this team has talent but so do the Chiefs, Saints, Rams, Eagles, etc. Yet here we are again looking like this team will be in the mix for a division crown and playoff advancement.

The failure to reach a championship is glaring and likely is why he’s coaching for his job right now. But his strengths are foolishly taken for granted and disregarded by too many.

Also, it’s simply false to say Garrett doesn’t make aggressive calls to ice games. He has. I remember them. And none of us have any data to indicate it’s more or less than a coach like Payton. It’s all anecdotal.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Also, it’s simply false to say Garrett doesn’t make aggressive calls to ice games. He has. I remember them.
This guy remembers them, too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be curious to hear what the stipulations of the policy are, I've heard of players taking out insurance in case of injury when in college or still on a rookie deal, but never a team getting insurance on a big contract.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd be curious to hear what the stipulations of the policy are, I've heard of players taking out insurance in case of injury when in college or still on a rookie deal, but never a team getting insurance on a big contract.
Me neither. So how does that work, they figure out how much less money Jerry would make if a backup had to play and they write a policy for that amount?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You just find an underwriter like Lloyd’s of London and have them figure the costs for the policy. Then you negotiate who pays the premium. Party of the first part or party of the second part. Or some other arrangement. If players want guaranteed money then tell them to pay the premium.

Top Bottom