Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Get it right. I didn’t mention anything about a fair market value. I said I would only offer him $20. M plus incentives because I don’t think he is at a level yet to get top pay among quarterbacks.
In other words Cowboysrock55

:LT

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Why Stephen A Smith Should Stop Talking Cowboys Forever[/h]

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why would anyone listen to any national talking head, especially from ESPN and especially especially Screamin A, is beyond my capacity to understand.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He says he doesn't hate the Cowboys, just their fans.

Rev

Staff member
Why would anyone listen to any national talking head, especially from ESPN and especially especially Screamin A, is beyond my capacity to understand.
Both him and Skip Bayless can go. It amazes me that either get anyone to listen to them. Add Cowherd as well. I'm sure that there are others but I stopped listening to ESPN radio years ago. Couldn't take their nonsense anymore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't understand how him or Bayless even still have jobs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fuck that. Now he's trying to bend them over. I'd let him walk before I gave him that.
I Dallas caves on that figure they will be crazy if the don’t tie it to incentives. Im okay with paying what someone is worth but worth Is determined by performance and accomplishments.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I Dallas caves on that figure they will be crazy if the don’t tie it to incentives. Im okay with paying what someone is worth but worth Is determined by performance and accomplishments.
His performance and accomplishments are better than Wentz and worse than Wilson. Wilson got 35 and Wentz got 32. 34 is high but probably not crazy high.

p1_

DCC 4Life
its one helluva lot more than 20M per...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
His performance and accomplishments are better than Wentz and worse than Wilson. Wilson got 35 and Wentz got 32. 34 is high but probably not crazy high.
I don believe I questioned the amount. I think there needs to be incentives tied to this figure. I don't care what someone else is being paid. That’s not a barometer of how well Dak will perform. Tie the reward to what he produces because he isn’t a top tier performer at present in my view.

Rev

Staff member
Is there a player that has over a third of his contract tied to incentives? Unless it's someone that is trying to get back in the league after suspensions or multiple injuries I dont think that happens.

Either pay the going rate for a QB or you end up with teams led by scrubs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just give him 32 a year and structure it in a way that he can be released after 2-3 years if he doesn't perform, it's a passive incentive, basically if he doesn't play well he'll get cut because his salary is bloated.

Top Bottom