Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Unless they decide to funnel money into a shell corporation owned by Prescott, I don't see this happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It almost makes me regret not extending him last year. The benefit of another productive bounce back year is that we all feel better about Dak than we did a year ago. The downside is that an extension a year ago may have been in the low 20 mil per year range. Now we are going to be paying him in the 30+ range.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
All the positives and none of the negatives. I think he's a good not great QB. While he shines in many instances, he has his share of gaffs too. How many times has he lost footballs for no apparent reason. How many times does he take bad sacks. How many times does he throw passes that make us say WTF? HE's going to be signed and get big money, but if he's smart he'll take 27 or 28 mil and share the wealth with team mates. Everyone says RB is easily replaced, but this team goes as Zeke goes. It was no different with Emmitt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thought you viewed stats as a secondary importance to “eyeballing”. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Is Dak Prescott Worth $30 Million per year?[/h]

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He needs to take over a playoff game and will a victory. He’s mostly been Garrett’s good little soldier.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
If he's smart and goes the Brady way, he won't have to will them to a victory all by himself. I know it's not my money and not my contract, but I'd be interested to hear a real conversation with one of these guys about how much their life actually would change if they took 26 mil a year vs 30 etc. Other than, the team I'm on could be better for it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he's smart and goes the Brady way, he won't have to will them to a victory all by himself. I know it's not my money and not my contract, but I'd be interested to hear a real conversation with one of these guys about how much their life actually would change if they took 26 mil a year vs 30 etc. Other than, the team I'm on could be better for it.
How much does 4 mil really do your team?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
His teammates would be saying, "Dude's a chump. Left $4 million on the table."

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think when you're talking 26 vs. 30 * million*, you're not talking that big of a lifestyle change. That's for one year, too. I probably wouldn't spend that in the rest of my life.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think when you're talking 26 vs. 30 * million*, you're not talking that big of a lifestyle change. That's for one year, too. I probably wouldn't spend that in the rest of my life.
But what does 4 mil do for the team. Look at the NFL free agents who get 4 mil a year. They are bargain basement shit. You've basically added a depth player. Won't really help Dak much at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That 4 million could be the difference between bringing in a George Iloka or a Earl Thomas.
Earl Thomas got about 14 mil per season.

George Iloka got 1 mil.

It's more like that 4 mil could be the difference between 1 Iloka or 4 of them. Which would be Dallas. We don't sign big name free agents.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
So an individual player should help a team subsidize the costs of contracts for other players?

What planet is that concept from?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Since he's supposed to be the leader, maybe the others see he's all about winning. Players with like mentality are more likely to want to play with him, kind of like happens with Brady. I've yet to hear "what a chump Brady, left 10million on the table"; and I'm not sure those players would be that great an addition, it is a team sport after all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since he's supposed to be the leader, maybe the others see he's all about winning. Players with like mentality are more likely to want to play with him, kind of like happens with Brady. I've yet to hear "what a chump Brady, left 10million on the table"; and I'm not sure those players would be that great an addition, it is a team sport after all.
Well and if others buy in and take less like Amari and Zeke then you have enough to add a star player.

Top Bottom