Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
we need to relax with the Moore dick riding. He called a great game but he's legit 1 game into his OC coaching career. Let's at least get 1/3rd through the season guys
No shit. Every thing clicked for us against the Giants. But we have to take that with a grain of salt. Afterall... It was the Giants. People were ready to laugh him out of town when he was named QB coach. Then that X 10 when he was named OC.

He's off to a great start, no doubt. But one game does not make a career. If this new offense is still tearing it up at the end of the season, then we can talk. Even then, he should stay at OC for at least a couple seasons before anyone considers him for HC.

Unless we can fire Garrett tomorrow. I'd give him the HC job for that. :art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's off to a great start, no doubt. But one game does not make a career. If this new offense is still tearing it up at the end of the season, then we can talk. Even then, he should stay at OC for at least a couple seasons before anyone considers him for HC.

Unless we can fire Garrett tomorrow. I'd give him the HC job for that. :art
If the offense stays hot all year he will get a head coaching opportunity. The NFL is starved for young bright minds on offense. There is no, wait a few years for a coach to develop anymore.

Shit Kingsbury was fired in college and got a NFL head coaching gig.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shit Kingsbury was fired in college and got a NFL head coaching gig.
Right. But like you said, he was a HC. He has coaching experience.

Moore was a QB coach for one year. And OC for one game. And people are already talking about making him HC? Come on, now.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Moore was a QB coach for one year. And OC for one game. And people are already talking about making him HC? Come on, now.
They are talking prospectively. IF he calls 16+ great games, THEN he may be considered for a coaching gig at a horrible destination, say shithole Miami. It’s not a leap to make that jump

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Vrabel was a defensive coordinator for 1 year before taking a head coaching job. But I agree, an ideal world a guy like him would sit behind a great coach and learn for a few years. But Garrett isn't teaching him shit. Moore clearly got his offensive mind somewhere else.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Vrabel was a defensive coordinator for 1 year before taking a head coaching job. But I agree, an ideal world a guy like him would sit behind a great coach and learn for a few years. But Garrett isn't teaching him shit. Moore clearly got his offensive mind somewhere else.
Agreed.

Let's all hope that Garrett DOESN'T teach him anything.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hope Garrett teaches him plenty. Just not about offensive scheming.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
According to Spotrac we have almost 90 million in space next year, and that's including the Elliott, Collins, Smith and Lawrence extensions. We could easily add about 10-15 million by cutting Crawford/Fleming if necessary, so it would seem to me that we easily have enough to cover Prescott/Cooper and then still re-sign guys like Brown or Collins if we so choose. The only true casualty would be Byron Jones, which would be perfectly fine by me.
90 million in cap space?

How is that possible?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Cap goes up and we have been saving?
That’s good news. But since everyone knows Jerry isn’t going to spend in FA, why not go ahead and get the likes of Dak and anyone else they wanna keep.

The Zeke and Dak “negotiations look ridiculous if they have that type of cap room available.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
How to go in to a conservative shell? How to ice a kicker, perhaps. Or maybe how to robotically clap and spit no matter what is happening on the field.

All good things to know, I guess.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s good news. But since everyone knows Jerry isn’t going to spend in FA, why not go ahead and get the likes of Dak and anyone else they wanna keep.

The Zeke and Dak “negotiations look ridiculous if they have that type of cap room available.
Dak will get done but I'm not sure I want to risk pissing off Cooper with the franchise tag. We need to just get both guys done with and have thos core together for the next 5 years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How to go in to a conservative shell? How to ice a kicker, perhaps. Or maybe how to robotically clap and spit no matter what is happening on the field.

All good things to know, I guess.
Hilarious! I and everyone else had forgotten about all those complaints until you skillfully and deftly inserted them into the conversation here!

When we make a championship game this year and Garrett gets a lifetime extension, the consternation it causes you will be my main source of joy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Moore has a pretty solid background from his dad before he even started college. Peterson at Boise State also gave him a good education on the offensive side of the game. He was above the norm for his age when he came to Dallas.

Top Bottom