Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jerry has been chasing his own Payton/McVay, young hotshot QB guru/imaginative playcaller type since 2007 when he hired Garrett as OC before Phillips was even hired as the HC. If the offense continues to look like that, and if Jerry looks at Moore as that type of coach, there is no chance he lets him go and I think all options would be on the table, including making Moore HC and perhaps giving Garrett some sort of front office type position. It would be an unprecedented type of move but nothing would surprise me.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So I'm probably getting ahead of myself but what if Kellen Moore keeps this up all year long. The team will do well and NFL teams will want Kellen Moore as their coach. Do you keep Garrett and let theboffensive coordinator go? That's the normal way NFL teams do business. But how do you not attribute the success to Kellen and dump Garrett who seems to bring nothing to the table on offense or defense?
Imagine if we lose Moore and Richard next year, with Garrett and Marinelli to lead the charge.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Imagine if we lose Moore and Richard next year, with Garrett and Marinelli to lead the charge.
Based on what we saw vs the Rams and then the Giants yesterday, losing Richard would be like losing Linehan

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Based on what we saw vs the Rams and then the Giants yesterday, losing Richard would be like losing Linehan
I do not endorse this post.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The interesting thing about potentially losing Richard is that there are a good number of HC's who were very good 4-3 DC's that could potentially be fired who we could go after as a replacement. Mike Zimmer, Ron Rivera, and Dan Quinn who was the DC over Richard when he was the Seahawks DB coach, could all feasibly be let go.

icup

Brand New Member
Just smile and nod.

He's still inundated with DCU stank.
DISCLAIMER: The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by dbair belong solely to dbair, and are not shared or endorsed by the DCU, its members, and its staff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
DISCLAIMER: The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by dbair belong solely to dbair, and are not shared or endorsed by the DCU, its members, and its staff.
:lol

Damn. Even the DCU doesn't want to claim him. Harsh.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Charles Robinson said the primary point of contention is that the Cowboys want to do an extension for 5-7 years as opposed to 4. Of course if the player believes in themselves they want the 4 year deal so they can hit the market again sooner, and apparently Prescott wants a higher AAV in return for giving the team more years of control. If I were running things I'd be more than happy to do a shorter 4 year deal in the 32-33 range, which is the AAV Robinson implies we want, and then if Prescott continues to play at an elite level you're happy to pay that bill when it comes due.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Charles Robinson said the primary point of contention is that the Cowboys want to do an extension for 5-7 years as opposed to 4. Of course if the player believes in themselves they want the 4 year deal so they can hit the market again sooner, and apparently Prescott wants a higher AAV in return for giving the team more years of control. If I were running things I'd be more than happy to do a shorter 4 year deal in the 32-33 range, which is the AAV Robinson implies we want, and then if Prescott continues to play at an elite level you're happy to pay that bill when it comes due.
I mean you can give him a higher AAV but it's got to be backloaded. I mean 5 years from now 40 mil for a QB will probably be nothing. So give it to him down the line on the contract and don't make it guaranteed if that makes him feel better. It will make the contract look more insane but who cares.

That or take the 4 year extension. It's not like Dak is leaving the team 5 years from now anyway. That dude is a lifer unless he flames out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Agreed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Give him the 4 years. If he plays up to the contract, you can sign him to another. If not, Trey Lance will be ready by then. :fistpump

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I do not endorse this post.
That's fine. But he shouldn't get a pass while Marinelli gets hammered when Richard is running the defense and calling the plays.

His last two games have been garbage, and the NYG game to close last season was garbage too. That's 3 out of 4 clunkers in a row.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
No way do Richard and Moore leave Garrett in charge. One will succeed him, and I kinda hope it’s Moore

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
No way do Richard and Moore leave Garrett in charge. One will succeed him, and I kinda hope it’s Moore
we need to relax with the Moore dick riding. He called a great game but he's legit 1 game into his OC coaching career. Let's at least get 1/3rd through the season guys

Top Bottom