Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
IR @ NFLN is predicting $34-$35 AAV.
That will look like a bargain if he plays his asss off this year with a corps at least comparable to
2016 if not better.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ugh. They missed a real chance to test Prescott's mettle when they re-signed Zeke.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Too early to be talking contract with Dak. Need to see how he is going to handle the games.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Jerry said the deal was "imminent" after the game.

I suspect they may have had all the parameters in place yesterday or even Friday but needed another day or so to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. Certainly seems like we'll see an announcement this week.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I assume the Goff deal getting done kind of spurred this on, so I assume it'll be about 32.5-33.5 a year. If today's performance is any indication moving forward then it'd be well worth it.

Rev

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
off to a fast start.
Yes it was. So I guess if we need to wait and see on Kellen Moore it’s probably reasonable we do the same with Dak. Seem right?

Rev

Staff member
Yes it was. So I guess if we need to wait and see on Kellen Moore it’s probably reasonable we do the same with Dak. Seem right?
Well if you think Kellen is who you think he is then waiting on Dak will only get more expensive. Do it now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think it's important to incorporate this season since his salary is really low to help the cap number.
Yeah I think it will be an extension, the signimg bonus gets paid now and his salary remains the same for this year. Just my expectation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean Daks been here three years. Seems silly, you either know what you have or you don't. Kellen has 1 game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
According to Spotrac we have almost 90 million in space next year, and that's including the Elliott, Collins, Smith and Lawrence extensions. We could easily add about 10-15 million by cutting Crawford/Fleming if necessary, so it would seem to me that we easily have enough to cover Prescott/Cooper and then still re-sign guys like Brown or Collins if we so choose. The only true casualty would be Byron Jones, which would be perfectly fine by me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I'm probably getting ahead of myself but what if Kellen Moore keeps this up all year long. The team will do well and NFL teams will want Kellen Moore as their coach. Do you keep Garrett and let theboffensive coordinator go? That's the normal way NFL teams do business. But how do you not attribute the success to Kellen and dump Garrett who seems to bring nothing to the table on offense or defense?

Top Bottom