2019 UDFA thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys Announce 2019 UDFA Class

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Those that don't want to click on the link.
[HR][/HR]
How much did the Cowboys want Clemson offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt as a college free agent? In addition to a $20,000 signing bonus, they guaranteed him $130,000 of his $495,000 base salary. That’s more than the Cowboys paid in bonus to last year’s sixth-round pick, Cedrick Wilson ($118,408), and seventh rounder, Bo Scarbrough ($85,552).

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

p1_

DCC 4Life
admin boys, would one of yall merge the UDFA threads into one?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
admin boys, would one of yall merge the UDFA threads into one?
I was confused as to why Booze started another one. Must be the senility getting the best of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got minimal hope for the free agent WR's but at least the guys we picked up seem to have speed. It's at least a special trait. I hate wasting time with guys like Lenoir that don't have size or speed on their resume. Limited talent that I don't see the point in developing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I've got minimal hope for the free agent WR's but at least the guys we picked up seem to have speed. It's at least a special trait. I hate wasting time with guys like Lenoir that don't have size or speed on their resume. Limited talent that I don't see the point in developing.
maybe they can push Lenoir and Brown for a spot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe they can push Lenoir and Brown for a spot.
I'm thinking the WR corp should look like this anyway:

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Austin
Wilson

I'm sure Hurns is going to make the roster as a feel good story. But I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't make the roster. I just can't see how he can come back from that gruesome injury quickly and even be the average WR he was last year. Or maybe he goes on PUP opening the door for one of these UDFA. Either way they would be nice to develop on the practice squad over Brown or Lenoir.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Question from the cheap seats: Westry has astounding physical tools. Yet the knock on him as a college DB was that his technique was lacking.

Given that CB is may be the hardest transition between college and NFL, in the event he doesn't work out as a DB would it make sense to stash him somewhere in order to convert him to a WR?

How does an NFL secondary account for a 6' 4" WR with 4.3 speed? Just wondering.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Question from the cheap seats: Westry has astounding physical tools. Yet the knock on him as a college DB was that his technique was lacking.

Given that CB is may be the hardest transition between college and NFL, in the event he doesn't work out as a DB would it make sense to stash him somewhere in order to convert him to a WR?

How does an NFL secondary account for a 6' 4" WR with 4.3 speed? Just wondering.
Most DBs are failed WRs who can't catch the football.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Richard had a freakishly tall corner with the Seahawks who played well for them. Everyone probably thinks of Richard Sherman but Brandon Browner was a 6'4" undrafted corner who played as a high level starter for them on an elite Superbowl defense. Would be pretty awesome if Richard could do the same for this guy.

Top Bottom