2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
FWIW, I liked the 2016 draft pretty much immediately. I don't have a similar chart to show what the composite grading was for our 2016 class, but I'd bet it isn't fourth from the bottom like this year.
It was pretty bad. Kiper gave us like a C. Hell he gave this one a B-.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like -- again -- they get fixated. It's like the the Donnell Pumphrey/Ryan Switzer thing in 2017. It was clear we wanted a gadget guy in the fourth round there, value at other positions be damned.

I kind of hate our mid round drafting strategy.
There are two guys in my opinion that we locked into and I think the coaches for some reason felt like they couldn't live without. It's Pollard and Hill. And maybe they both work out great or maybe they both stink. The rest of the draft I feel pretty confident that we stuck pretty closely to our board. But I think this team was bound and determined to get a special teams/receiving RB and Marinelli just had to have his boy Trysten Hill. And maybe they were right to love those two guys but I have serious doubts about either their ability or this teams ability to take advantage of their talent.

You're crazy on the rest of the draft. I'm not even sure where your opinion on the other guys is derived from but I'm with you on these two picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also I wonder if the special teams 4th is sort of a scouting quirk of some type. Sort of like how we just kept repeatedly taking TE's in the second round. Like we just seem to inflate the scouting grade of special teams to a 3rd round pick so that often times they are the best on the board in the fourth.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First it was Pollard = Kamara.

Now Wilson = Kam Chancellor.

Ridiculous.
:lol

I'm not going to pretend like Wilson gets me excited at all. He doesn't. But one can just look at the two guys and see they aren't similar at all. Chancellor was a huge safety. Wilson is shorter and skinnier than most of the corners on our roster. I hope he works out but he looks like a backup/career special teamer in the NFL to me. Which is fine for a sixth round pick but I don't see the upside.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Pretty good video to watch. I like how he plays RE. You'll see him beating some guys around the corner and some guys he will set them up and cut inside. Looks like a very powerful dude. If we got a steal in this draft this is definitely the guy I'd guess. To me he was a third/fourth round guy at worst.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

I'm not going to pretend like Wilson gets me excited at all. He doesn't. But one can just look at the two guys and see they aren't similar at all. Chancellor was a huge safety. Wilson is shorter and skinnier than most of the corners on our roster. I hope he works out but he looks like a backup/career special teamer in the NFL to me. Which is fine for a sixth round pick but I don't see the upside.
He is a lesser prospect than Frazier was, yet you didn't hear any BS comparisons. That just tells me they are doing their best to shine a turd like this draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, it's a myth when they say they do it; it's not a myth as a generally valid objective.

Infuriating, though not surprising. Rod Marinelli needed his toy. How many wasted draft picks (or how many quality prospects will we pass on) because of this guy's stupid, outdated interior DL requirements?

I'm pretty much done with Marinelli and his grandpa compression stockings and bucket hats.

And I'm not too sure I'm in love with Richard either, if he can't figure out a use for Jourdan Lewis.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
First it was Pollard = Kamara.

Now Wilson = Kam Chancellor.

Ridiculous.
I really miss the days when Parcells made it clear that getting drafted was just a beginning and an opportunity, and these guys have to prove they can even play before we get too excited about them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really miss the days when Parcells made it clear that getting drafted was just a beginning and an opportunity, and these guys have to prove they can even play before we get too excited about them.
That kind of talk is terrible. Makes people walk on eggshells.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is a good breakdown of McGovern. I would post the article but there are 20 f'ing videos in it and I don't have time at the moment to post all of that.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life

This is a good breakdown of McGovern. I would post the article but there are 20 f'ing videos in it and I don't have time at the moment to post all of that.
you see Sturm predicting the starting LG? Where have we heard that? hmmm...

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pollard is explosive with the ball in his hands, we don't need a tweet soliloquy from a fake scout to realize that. The problem is that this staff has consistently shown an inability to creatively and seamlessly integrate niche players like him and there's no reason to believe that's going to change. It always feels forced and robotic, and I don't want to hear shit about our "new" OC.

Top Bottom