2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
sounds like a latter day Russell Maryland. would prefer a monster inside like Fletcher Cox.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
sounds like a latter day Russell Maryland. would prefer a monster inside like Fletcher Cox.
At this point I would take either. His attitude worries me. I'm not even sure he becomes a good starting DT because of the attitude.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Even 30 plays a game I'm not buying. Thats over 30% of our offensive snaps. But I'd love if we did some of those quick passes to the new guy out of the backfield like the Saints do with Kamara.
That assumes a head coach with the creativity and imagination, as Payton has, to draw up plays that take advantage of a player's match-up against a given alignment. RHG ain't got it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That assumes a head coach with the creativity and imagination, as Payton has, to draw up plays that take advantage of a player's match-up against a given alignment. RHG ain't got it.
Yeah I doubt Moore changes that but I hope so.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Russell Maryland Part II would be fine with me. Personally I don't think his attitude will be a real problem. Hopefully teammates like Tank, Jaylon, and Dak will be there for him and keep him focused.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don’t think it’s a stretch at all for Moore to be more innovative about offensive design than Garrett.
I agree, and I hope he gets the right amount of latitude to execute.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Anyone want to take a shot at the Dline depth chart? There are a shit ton of bodies.

Lawrence, Crawford, Quinn, Taco, Armstrong, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks at DE

Collins, Woods, Trysten Hill, Christian Covington, Ross and Kerry Hyder at DT.

Those are the guys with a shot at the roster. Not even counting UDFA which I think we have a guy with a shot in Daniel Wise. Thats a lot of Dlineman. So who do you think are the keepers. I'll say we go real heavy with 10.
With Wise, that's 14 bodies.

Even going heavy at DL, you can keep 10 maybe. And that's assuming no Randy Gregory.

So pick 4 to get rid of. It's tough.

Ross is the easy first answer, but apparently he graded decently when he played. Still, say that's 1.

Uh.... who next? You are probably talking about Jelks to the PS maybe, so there's two?

I mean, I almost think you may be looking at Covington versus Woods for a spot. So there's 3.

And then Wise or Joe Jackson also to the PS. That's 4. You may lose one or two of those PS options.

So...

Lawrence, Quinn, Crawford, Taco, Armstrong
Collins, Hill, Woods/Covington, Hyder.
10th man: Jackson/Wise.
PS: Jelks, Wise/Jackson.
Gone: Ross, Covington/Woods

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We could conceivably keep 11 at DL, especially if we go light at QB with just 2 or LB with 4 or 5. I also think there is a decent chance that Taco is traded or even outright released if he is a pain in the ass in camp and during the preseason, if a guy like Jackson flashes and Taco continues to pout there is no chance we risk trying to get Jackson on the PS in favor of Taco.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

I can see why they'd envision 30 plays for this kid... not only a good runner outside (RPO's, sweeps and screens), but between the tackles too. Also looks to be a legit receiving option as well, maybe an option in the slot.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The dline should be much better this year.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I can see why they'd envision 30 plays for this kid... not only a good runner outside (RPO's, sweeps and screens), but between the tackles too. Also looks to be a legit receiving option as well, maybe an option in the slot.
Out of an average 60 plays per game, that seems a high percentage.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have a real bad feeling about this draft FWIW.

I mean, yeah, each individual player has identifiable upside, but I really feel like I have to look hard to see it.

I'm like.... yeah, Weber could be a good backup! That's a value pick! And so was Bo Scarborough, and Darius Jackson. These guys are dime a dozen.

Mike Jackson.... poor senior year caused him to fall.... drafted based on atheltic profile. Hill, red flags everywhere, drafted based on athletic profile. Wilson might be gone before second cuts.

Jackson and Jelks, I mean, we've seen late round DLs with upside come through here before.... Ryan Russell.... Ben Gardner.... even Dorrance Armstrong.

It just feels like that story all over again. "Look! Here's a college player we liked more than everyone else that slipped to late in the draft for some reason!" Doesn't work out very often.

Not a lot of picks here that feel like sure things. They feel like a lot of long shots. And we know how that usually turns out.

I could definitely see this class being like, well.... hopefully not 2009.... but like 2014 but without the first round pick. Like a two player class.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If I had to guess it probably will end up being a 2 player class, McGovern for sure, and then if I had to guess it'd be Hill or Joe Jackson, and then maybe guys like Pollard/Weber/Jelks turn into decent rotational guys. That's about the rosiest picture I could paint.

Top Bottom