2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does Stephen even now how many plays are in a game?
Obviously not. And somehow he didn't learn anything from that gaffe about Austin last year.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Of course, he also said Austin was going to get something like 25 touches a game last year, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol
I don’t think he means 30 touches per game

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don’t think he means 30 touches per game
I don't know. He was challenged on how many touches Austin would get after we traded for him and he said the same kind of shit.

Apparently he is a goddamned idiot.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
30 plays a game probably equates to about 40-45% of the offensive snaps in any given game. Barring injury there is a 0.0% chance that happens, and it's this type of deluded off the cuff bullshit logic that leads to taking these gadget players so high.

Is the guy going to push Elliott off the field for 15 or so snaps a game?

Nope, maybe 8-10.

Is he going to play out of the slot in front of Cobb or even Hurns?

Doubtful.

If I had to guess the guy will get maybe 20 snaps a game at most, and at the end of the year I'm guessing he'll have maybe 100 or so total touches excluding special teams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Of course, he also said Austin was going to get something like 25 touches a game last year, so take it with a grain of salt. :lol
Even 30 plays a game I'm not buying. Thats over 30% of our offensive snaps. But I'd love if we did some of those quick passes to the new guy out of the backfield like the Saints do with Kamara.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone want to take a shot at the Dline depth chart? There are a shit ton of bodies.

Lawrence, Crawford, Quinn, Taco, Armstrong, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks at DE

Collins, Woods, Trysten Hill, Christian Covington, Ross and Kerry Hyder at DT.

Those are the guys with a shot at the roster. Not even counting UDFA which I think we have a guy with a shot in Daniel Wise. Thats a lot of Dlineman. So who do you think are the keepers. I'll say we go real heavy with 10.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Anyone want to take a shot at the Dline depth chart? There are a shit ton of bodies.

Lawrence, Crawford, Quinn, Taco, Armstrong, Joe Jackson, Jalen Jelks at DE

Collins, Woods, Trysten Hill, Christian Covington, Ross and Kerry Hyder at DT.

Those are the guys with a shot at the roster. Not even counting UDFA which I think we have a guy with a shot in Daniel Wise. Thats a lot of Dlineman. So who do you think are the keepers. I'll say we go real heavy with 10.
I was thinking about that last night. We might see somebody like Crawford be sent packing for the cap savings. Doubtful, but possible I guess with the amount of big contracts we have coming up. Could maybe see Taco get traded during camp as an injury replacement.

Lawrence, Crawford, Quinn, Taco, Armstrong, Jackson make the final 53. Try to get Jelks to the PS. Or he suffers a mysterious season ending "injury".

Collins, Woods, Hill, make the 53 if we only go with 9 DLmen. Crawford can also cover at DT. If we go with 10, I have no idea who is still PS eligible or not. So I'll just go with Covington making it over the others, depending on injury, etc...

Edit: Forgot about Wise. Another PS/"injury" candidate. Or if he plays lights out could take the 10th spot over somebody like Covington. This many good players is a good problem to have, I guess. Beats the hell out of what we had to choose from a few years ago to fill out a depth chart.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If you want to feel better about the Hill pick just watch him against Memphis in the AAC Championship. It's probably one of the most dominant individual performances I've seen from a prospect in this class and if this was all I had to go off of I'd say he would for sure be a top 20 pick.

Now, this is obviously cherry-picking and it's anybody's guess whether or not Marinelli can get performances like this out of him on a semi-consistent basis. The bigger question to me is even if Marinelli can, can anybody else 2 years down the line? 4? 6?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
30 plays a game probably equates to about 40-45% of the offensive snaps in any given game. Barring injury there is a 0.0% chance that happens, and it's this type of deluded off the cuff bullshit logic that leads to taking these gadget players so high.

Is the guy going to push Elliott off the field for 15 or so snaps a game?

Nope, maybe 8-10.

Is he going to play out of the slot in front of Cobb or even Hurns?

Doubtful.

If I had to guess the guy will get maybe 20 snaps a game at most, and at the end of the year I'm guessing he'll have maybe 100 or so total touches excluding special teams.
I want to see them both on the field at the same time on a lot of plays. Get them in motion, and confuse defenses.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to feel better about the Hill pick just watch him against Memphis in the AAC Championship. It's probably one of the most dominant individual performances I've seen from a prospect in this class and if this was all I had to go off of I'd say he would for sure be a top 20 pick.

Now, this is obviously cherry-picking and it's anybody's guess whether or not Marinelli can get performances like this out of him on a semi-consistent basis. The bigger question to me is even if Marinelli can, can anybody else 2 years down the line? 4? 6?
Didn't Memphis absolutely gash them on the ground?

I'd argue Dre'mont Jones had more impressive games. He played awesome in the Big 10 championship game.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member