2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Randy Shannon joins in around 12 minutes in

D

Deuce

Dakota Allen goes at the end of the 7th to the Rams.

I’m no Red raider, but I’ve rooted for the kid since I saw him on Last Chance U. Looked like a kid who made a mistake, showed contrition and got back to where he wanted to be. Surprised Kliff didn’t grab him late.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
its not like we're loaded with quality ends.
No but Lawrence and Taco make the oster in my opinion. So we probably keep 5 ends. Fives one of these DEs a chance to make the roster but probably not both. Not with Crawford who bounces between End and DT.

Maybe we trade Taco though.

midswat

... soon
Not a single Tennessee Volunteer drafted.

Dang hard times. We’ll be back though. Soon.... (relatively speaking I mean)

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not a single Tennessee Volunteer drafted.

Dang hard times. We’ll be back though. Soon.... (relatively speaking I mean)
Just as soon as Jon Gruden takes the job as head coach, or sooner? Asking for a friend.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry should have sent Bill Bates or Alvin Harper to announce the pick. Go Vols.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
All in all I think it's a decent draft, not great but decent. The Pollard pick is the only one that truly pissed me off because we seemingly love going with niche, gadget players in the 4th and it never works out. Skyler Green, Stanback, Switzer and now Pollard. He could be a weapon in the return game but he can't carry the load if something happens to Elliott and we'll be lucky if he catches 25 balls next year. At least we got Weber later who could conceivably handle 20 carries over a 2-3 game stretch if he needed to.

We know the deal with Hill, talented but we'll see.

Other than that I think the McGovern, Joe Jackson and Jalen Jelks picks were great value. Jackson in particular I think could've been a 3rd or 4th. The Weber pick was solid and the other Jackson wasn't a great value necessarily but seems like fair value and he fits what Richard wants.

I also absolutely love the Daniel Wise UDFA pickup, I'd have been happy with him in the 4th and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a better player than Hill by Year 3, especially if Marinelli isn't here anymore.

That Pollard pick though, how much better would this class look if we had nabbed Isaiah Johnson there and then maybe Pollard in the 5th?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That Pollard pick though, how much better would this class look if we had nabbed Isaiah Johnson there and then maybe Pollard in the 5th?
Give me Deionte Thompson there and I probably love this draft. But I seriously wonder if he was even on our draft board. It may sound odd but our board only consists of like 100-150 players for some reason.

GShock

DCC 4Life
The lack of picks thrown at WR and CB is surprising. Maybe Michael Jackson can replace Brown, but we’re not paying for Jones, are we? If we are not, we sure didn’t draft his replacement.

and if a single one of our top 3 WRs twists an ankle, we have a big bunch of nothing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Randy Shannon joins in around 12 minutes in
Can you give us the gist? Don’t feel like listening for 58 minutes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and if a single one of our top 3 WRs twists an ankle, we have a big bunch of nothing.
Allen Hurns, Tavon Austin and Cedric Wilson are legit options to fill in. At least I like Cedric Wilson a lot still.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Can you give us the gist? Don’t feel like listening for 58 minutes.
I am sure he will speak highly of him.
Yea pretty much, Shannon glossed over a lot of details but the reason he didn't start most games is not practicing hard and not listening to the coaches. He goes into one instance where he was telling Hill all week they're going to let you thru in this situation and you have to adjust and get the rb and he halfassed it in practice and come gametime they did it and it was a long td

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You know, I am thinking hard about much much we have improved ourselves in this draft and it's pretty marginal. I guess if you count Cooper, yes. However, I'd say we did better in FA than in the draft. The guard is the only one I'm really happy about. I was cool with the DT for a bit but after all the reaches the third day I've cooled off quite a bit. Ah well, you can never judge a draft this early and stuff...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Allen Hurns, Tavon Austin and Cedric Wilson are legit options to fill in. At least I like Cedric Wilson a lot still.

If Gallup or Cobb go down I'm sure we'll be fine with one of the depth pieces stepping up.

If Cooper goes down? We're almost certainly screwed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yea pretty much, Shannon glossed over a lot of details but the reason he didn't start most games is not practicing hard and not listening to the coaches. He goes into one instance where he was telling Hill all week they're going to let you thru in this situation and you have to adjust and get the rb and he halfassed it in practice and come gametime they did it and it was a long td
Oh good!

Top Bottom