2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know it's repetitive with our second RB but I like Mike Weber. Nice size and speed. Productive college player. Capable of actually saving some tread on Zeke's tires. Unlike most positions you can find a legit NFL RB in the seventh. It may seem odd but I'd say we have 2 rookie backup RBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weber is decent value here.
Yeah I like this player. I would have been happy with him in the fifth probably. Maybe even the fourth rounder. I feel better about him as a backup RB than the gadget guy we drafted in the fourth.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’ll take Cole Holcomb in the 7th. May stick as a STer and eventual spot starter at LB.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This really is like the special teams/backup draft. Only in this era you have to add, "Replace guys we already know we won't pay next year in FA."
Yup. Again they fall victim to having a plan for specific roles and uses instead of just taking the best players.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I feel better about him as a backup RB than the gadget guy we drafted in the fourth.
Same here.

Obviously, we don't know as much about these guys as the team does but if you had put both of these guys side by side and told us to pick one in the 4th round, I'd be willing to bet that most if not all of us would have picked Mike Weber in the 4th over Pollard and wouldn't have thought twice about it.

I do know one thing, though... I am one confused motherfucker trying to imagine ways in how we are going to be using Pollard to justify taking him where we did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do know one thing, though... I am one confused motherfucker trying to imagine ways in how we are going to be using Pollard to justify taking him where we did.
Kick returns basically don't exist in the NFL anymore. So I'm left wondering, is Pollard a guy we hope is a future slot receiver? Is he the backup RB? Is he the "third down back"?

I'm just not sure. I will say I hope he is our third down back. Only because I feel like those are hits we could take off Zeke and probably get just as much if not more production from a guy with a little speed and elusiveness.

But then you're basically stuck with 3 RB's active on game day because if Zeke goes down Pollard isn't really a lead back type.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am one confused motherfucker trying to imagine ways in how we are going to be using Pollard to justify taking him where we did.
Well, they need a punt and kickoff returner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really surprised Penny Hart is still available. Seems like a no brainer to replace Cobb in a year if we had him.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Yeah tough hard hitting safety who's only chance to make the team is only on special teams. I'm not a Texas AM guy so I'll let one of them speak up on the guy. There weren't really any safeties left that got me excited. But this is sort of a meh guy. I hope he surprises but I doubt it.
He’s one of those guys who will have a huge game or two and then disappear for 3 games. Also gets hurt a lot. I think he could have easily been had as UDFA.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Don't want him even in the 7th.
I never like drafting age. But I guess it is easier to accept late in the draft. What about that 97 year old TE we supposedly liked? Dax Raymond? Is he still around? If he is, he's my prediction for our last pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My wish list for our last pick is in no particular order... Emanuel Hall, Caleb Wilson, Penny Hart, Jazz Ferguson, Gerald Willis, Saivion Smith, Bruce Anderson

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah I like this player. I would have been happy with him in the fifth probably. Maybe even the fourth rounder. I feel better about him as a backup RB than the gadget guy we drafted in the fourth.
Same here. I'm surprised Weber lasted that long.

Top Bottom