2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Right, and I don't get it at all. Wasn't one of our objectives to get a legit backup for Zeke? Looks to me that we blew that to shit
If they want a true backup to Zeke they should take Rodney Anderson. He's an everydown badass.

But I doubt we take another RB anytime soon.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wait, we traded out again?

STOP FUCKING TRYING TO BE CUTE!!! FUCK!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Just think of all the roster flotsam we can collect with those picks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Ticket keeps saying how players we visited with and liked are getting picked. But if we hadn't traded back so often we could have taken a couple of them. Why don't we just stay put or even use one of our fifty sixth rounders to move up?

Carp

DCC 4Life

That's what she said.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This draft stinks of 2009 all over again. FML
And it's funny, Stephen just last night in the PC said one thing they learned from that draft (not having a first rounder) was to not trade back a bunch and try to recoup picks, but to stay put and draft the best players on your board.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it's funny, Stephen just last night in the PC said one thing they learned from that draft (not having a first rounder) was to not trade back a bunch and try to recoup picks, but to stay put and draft the best players on your board.
I'd love to hear how Pollard was the best player on our board. Don't give me that shit. They took him because they want a specific role player. Not because he was the best left.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd love to hear how Pollard was the best player on our board. Don't give me that shit. They took him because they want a specific role player. Not because he was the best left.
Exactly. I wouldn't have minded taking a Zeke backup pretty highly, because I doubt he stays as healthy as he has. But this Pollard guy seems like more of a gadget type.

Wait, I just realized... He's this years "web back." :budd

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Ticket keeps saying how players we visited with and liked are getting picked. But if we hadn't traded back so often we could have taken a couple of them. Why don't we just stay put or even use one of our fifty sixth rounders to move up?
They should have targeted guys in the fourth and used the two fourths to move up for one. Instead, they take a part-time player and bail like cowards because they can't be bothered to deal with the undrafted free agent rush.

Gutless, lazy and beyond fuckin' stupid.

Top Bottom