2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This really is like the special teams/backup draft. Only in this era you have to add, "Replace guys we already know we won't pay next year in FA."

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can’t warm up to it because even if they are right that he’s a quality player, they didn’t maximize the value of the selection.
The further a player gets away from his draft year, the less I care where they were drafted and if they are maximizing their "value". All I give a shit about is if they are a good player or not.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man. Pollard looks painfully average even in his highlights. Kickoff returns don't even matter, they've practically outlawed KOs anyway.
We love our gadget shit in the fourth and it never works out. You would think they would know this by now. Sean Payton may use him in2020 though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Depending on how we badly we blow this next pick, I have a pint of whiskey I am going to down in a couple of gulps and pass out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This really is like the special teams/backup draft. Only in this era you have to add, "Replace guys we already know we won't pay next year in FA."
So who is Pollard replacing? I get the McGovern one.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Can we at least get Daylon Mack or Gerald Willis? That's some extra interior potential and run stuffing talent.

data

Forbes #1
Stephen Jones on the phone again, flipping around the trade value chart...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Stephen Jones on the phone again, flipping around the trade value chart...
If they trade back in the fucking 5th I will lose my shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So who is Pollard replacing? I get the McGovern one.
He's the one backup. The others are future FA replacements.

But like you said, Pollard is the new Dunbar. Which by the transitive property, makes him the new Darren Sproles.

So I guess that was a good pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's the one backup. The others are future FA replacements.

But like you said, Pollard is the new Dunbar. Which by the transitive property, makes him the new Darren Sproles.

So I guess that was a good pick.
Not if Moore scratches his head trying to figure out how to use him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right, and I don't get it at all. Wasn't one of our objectives to get a legit backup for Zeke? Looks to me that we blew that to shit
Because Garrett is a bumbling idiot with ideas in his head that never come to fruition.

Top Bottom