2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The McGovern pick was true value. On the surface it seemed odd, but I like it better than having to force an early pick at G next year to fill Collins spot as Williams shifts to RT. Last year is a great example where Williams was not ready, got hurt, and left us in a bad spot having already lost Frederick.

Deionte Thompson is a guy I think is on par with the S that went in the 3rd.
Or the other safety, Hooker. Would like to get one here in the fourth.

Meaning of course, we won’t. We’ll take a nobody TE that isn’t even better than Schultz and a backup RB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I wonder what Marinelli does when Hill violates the terms of his "contract".

What does he do? Put him in the corner? Strip him of his special nickname?
Shake his cane at him? Yell at him to get off his lawn? Make him bring over tapioca pudding? Force Hill to clean his dentures? Change his Depends?

data

Forbes #1
Spaulding sitting next to Stephen at the big table.

It was a nice family moment years ago, but now he's in his early 20s. Is he officially employed with the Cowboys? Does he have a personnel role?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's not a bad idea to prioritize the line over the secondary.
Inherently it’s a great idea. Given the players in question though it seems like a playmaking safety like Adderly or Thornhill was the way to go.... kind of a final piece on defense. They better be waaay right on Hill.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No I really just think Thornhill and Dre'mont Jones were better players. More productive with less question marks.
Yeah I forgot about Jones. Way better option in terms of draft stock value. Again, my biggest problem is, if we were projecting this guy to be better than everyone else has him rated, we still could have gotten him in the third.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inherently it’s a great idea. Given the players in question though it seems like a playmaking safety like Adderly or Thornhill was the way to go.... kind of a final piece on defense. They better be waaay right on Hill.
And what happens when Hill is basically Maliek Collins?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I forgot about Jones. Way better option in terms of draft stock value. Again, my biggest problem is, if we were projecting this guy to be better than everyone else has him rated, we still could have gotten him in the third.
I mean I want a guy who can produce 7-10 sacks as a three technique. This guy has 6 sacks in 3 seasons. Something seems very wrong about that unless he is just a pure 1tech.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I mean I want a guy who can produce 7-10 sacks as a three technique. This guy has 6 sacks in 3 seasons. Something seems very wrong about that unless he is just a pure 1tech.
Jeez those don't grow on trees, or late in the 2nd round for that matter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jeez those don't grow on trees, or late in the 2nd round for that matter.
Sure but why waste time with a guy you don't want starting. You'll just always want to upgrade the guy. Which is why you might as well go with a safety who will make you happy as a starter and not look to replace.

I think Dre'mont Jones may have had that potential in our defense.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Sure but why waste time with a guy you don't want starting. You'll just always want to upgrade the guy. Which is why you might as well go with a safety who will make you happy as a starter and not look to replace.

I think Dre'mont Jones may have had that potential in our defense.
Because you only have 1 first rounder each year and we already burned ours. Can't have a steak on every plate. Needs some burgers.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I don't think he would have been available in the third.

Top Bottom