2019 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dunno. I feel like we might need yet another developmental TE project.
I don't see the point unless they are clearly more talented than Schultz. So yep, Stanford TE is still available right? I hope we just pick good players regardless of position. Today is about finding talent but we will try to fill roles instead.

data

Forbes #1
The background noise on ESPN's coveragfe is intolerable. Can't hear Kiper.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why do you think he has a better shot at starting? He didn't start on his college team. Plus with Crawford and Collins also playing 3 technique it's probably going to be rotating in as a backup. Which is ok by the way.

Thornhill over Heath is a no brainer. Thornhill has better ball skills, is a better athlete and frankly just a better ssfety in general. And oh yeah he can play some corner if you need him to. And Thornhill is a guy who has shown the ability to be a ballhawk in college. My problem with Hill is that he didn't even show the ability to produce sacks in college. He is all projection.
All the stories coming out of Dallas is that Thornhill would have been a threat to Xavier Woods, not Heath. Apparently, Kris Richard thinks Woods will be a "star," and convinced the higher ups to take Hill instead.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the stories coming out of Dallas is that Thornhill would have been a threat to Xavier Woods, not Heath. Apparently, Kris Richard thinks Woods will be a "star," and convinced the higher ups to take Hill instead.
I like Woods. I always have. But they could have easily played next to each other. It's not like Heath is a SS type. Although ignoring the Cowboys opinions Rapp would have been perfect to pair with Woods.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess the whining Woods did after the Earl Thomas flirtation met the right ears.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing how the top of the fourth round always seems to consist of really good player. Yet in the middle of the third round you see all these off the wall reaches. It's like teams go full retard and need a night to recover and figure their shit out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Fuckin' retarded. Just like the nicknames.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We never pick anyone "normal" in the 2nd. Always medical redshirts or shitheads.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Agent (laughing): "Sure, kid. Go ahead and sign it."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Warming up to the Hill pick. I still would have rather came away with Thornhill, Rapp, Adderley, or Dre'mont Jones, but whatever. Trysten Hill is a good player. I only hope his attitude catches up with his skill set.

I do like like the selection of Connor McGovern. He should provide nice insurance along the interior this year (hedged bet for Fred's recovery time?), and step in as a starter next year as I think Williams will replace Collins out at RT. Or if he can't cut it out on the edge and we have to go another route, then they can battle it out and the best can start. I think I'd put my money on McGovern winning that battle. This was a surprising pick, though. I didn't expect us to go this route this early. But I won't complain too much about adding talent to the oline when the opportunity arises.
I can’t warm up to it because even if they are right that he’s a quality player, they didn’t maximize the value of the selection. It’s extremely likely he would have been there at 90; and if not, get creative and move up a few spots from 90.

Adderly or Thornhill or even Rapp is like the final piece to this defense, a defense that has been waiting for a playmaker at safety for over a decade.

Its infuriating how blind they can be sometimes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder what Marinelli does when Hill violates the terms of his "contract".

What does he do? Put him in the corner? Strip him of his special nickname?

D

Deuce

You keep saying Heupel instituted discipline...that is what Frost is all about. Heupel lowered his draft stock and robbed his team not playing him more
:lol ya so uhhh, no. I’m sure the press clippings you read in Nebraska is that Frost walks on water and never does anything wrong and that’s completely false.

Hes is a motivator and his kids will run through walls for him, but he doesn’t do discipline. He’d rather be their best friend than hold anyone accountable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We never pick anyone "normal" in the 2nd. Always medical redshirts or shitheads.
Usually I feel like its a steal if that stuff works out. We don't even necissarily have that with this guy.

Top Bottom