Fisher: Teams Plan To Call On Cowboys For Taco Charlton

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If he was on the last year of his rookie contract then sure we should take anything we could get, but as it stands a 4th isn't high for what he is with a few years of rookie contract left

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either you guys have an issue cutting bait or you don't know what you are looking at.

Charlton is crap.
Or you just want to cut the guy because you dislike him personally. Mostly because of Hotboyz and a shitty taco celebration. You're a cranky old man but Taco doesn't hurt Dallas by being on the roster.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not being able to play is bad enough, but his attitude is the reason I'd dump him.

But being a headcase is more of an attractant to Jerry, so he probably stays. Can't give up on the chance to show everyone what a good drafter you are.

In fact, the more I think about it... I wouldn't be surprised if the Jones Boys themselves put this out to Fisher. "We didn't pull the trigger on it because we believe in him, but we got a lawt of interest on those phones on Taco. A laawwt of interest." ~ wink ~

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He'll probably generate as much interest as Scandrick did a couple years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Will McClay confessed he was on board for Charlton.

And he is going to draft Jaylon Ferguson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was never a huge fan of Charlton.
I liked him but as fans the one thing we don't get much real insight into is a guys character. I don't think Taco has disappointed as much because of his talent but more because of the character that the team seems to be fighting.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I liked him but as fans the one thing we don't get much real insight into is a guys character. I don't think Taco has disappointed as much because of his talent but more because of the character that the team seems to be fighting.
Couldn't you see that character in college though?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well we do know one thing. It wasnt for a first round pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean not really. He was inconsistent but this isn't a guy who missed games or was benched in college for attitude problems that I can recall.
I seem to recall some people saying he was inconsistent in college possibly due to a low motor, low motivation and/or poor attitude. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought people were saying that because he had the ability and tools to show up more than he did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I seem to recall some people saying he was inconsistent in college possibly due to a low motor, low motivation and/or poor attitude. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought people were saying that because he had the ability and tools to show up more than he did.
That's a bit different than having such a bad attitude that the Cowboys benched him last year. But shit if you read half the scouting reports for the draft you'll find attitude issues. Without having more information, which we don't as fans, it's hard to weed out which is actually a long term personality issue and what is just over blown and correctable.

Carp

DCC 4Life
At this point Taco is a progress stopper. If we rely on him, then we may pass on a DE early. We added Quinn, Armstrong will get more time, Lawrence of course, and they also brought in Covington. With Crawford we don't need to keep 6 DEs...Hyder can play DE too. I'd rather just get another young DE and move on.

Landry

DCC 4Life
I'll bet jerry is sitting by the phone right now, sipping his JW Blue and waiting for that call

shane

DCC 4Life
I was never a huge fan of Charlton.
Watching him in college, I thought he was very coachable and would have a career similar to Greg Ellis. But it looks like something is wrong with his mental makeup.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Watching him in college, I thought he was very coachable and would have a career similar to Greg Ellis. But it looks like something is wrong with his mental makeup.
I'm still surprised at how often he takes plays off, especially after one of his (infrequent) splash plays.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
This story has been a boner killer
Had my hopes up to get a trade or draft pick

Top Bottom