Pet Cat Wish List

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We're two weeks out. Just thought I'd throw out some names that I'd be happy with if we ended up with them. I'm not going to add names like Bosa for example. Guys we have no chance of getting. Some of these guys may go before we're on the clock at 58. But I think there is a possibility they could be there. And not all guys are 2nd round types. The names are in no particular order, or where I think they'll go. Only guys that I wouldn't mind seeing on our roster on draft weekend. Only put 5 down for each position, although there are more I like, and probably rated higher than some of these. These are just some favorites.

I didn't list quarterback, oline, or linebacker. Haven't studied them much, although there are some olineman I wouldn't mind having.

Obviously, if some higher rated guys fell to us, they'd take precedent. For instance, if one of the big three TEs happened to be there, they'd immediately take precedence over the other TEs listed. Right now, I'm kind of going back and forth whether or not I'd rather have a DT, safety, or TE with our first pick. Depends on who's there, I guess.
Defensive Tackle:
Dexter Lawrence
Dre'mont Jones
Khalen Saunders
Daylon Mack
Renell Wren

Devensive End:
Oshane Ximines
Anthony Nelson
Ben Banogu
Joe Jackson
Kingsley Keke

Safety:
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Juan Thornhill
Darnell Savage
Taylor Rapp
Amani Hooker

Cornerback:
Lonnie Johnson
Amani Aruwariye
Isiah Johnson
Jordan Brown
Jamel Dean

Wide Receiver:
Mecole Hardman
Myles Boykin
Penny Hart
Emanuel Hall
Jazz Ferguson

Running Back:
Trayveon Williams
Bryce Love
Justice Hill
Bruce Anderson
Mike Webber

Tight End:
Jace Sternberger
Kahale Warring
Dawson Knox
Josh Oliver
Kaden Smith

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Safety:
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Juan Thornhill
Darnell Savage
Taylor Rapp
Amani Hooker
I would love to have any one of these. I'm not sure there is much of a gap between the best on this list and the worst.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I would love to have any one of these. I'm not sure there is much of a gap between the best on this list and the worst.
Yeah, the safety crop this year is very good. Legitimately 8 deep with guys that could step right in on day one and start, when you include Abram, Adderley, and Thompson to this list. I think these three will be gone when we come up, and probably 2-3 more from the guys I listed.

I would love to have a chance at any one of them. Even the next tier down has some very nice players in it. Marquis Blair, Jaquan Johnson, etc...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, the safety crop this year is very good. Legitimately 8 deep with guys that could step right in on day one and start, when you include Abram, Adderley, and Thompson to this list. I think these three will be gone when we come up, and probably 2-3 more from the guys I listed.

I would love to have a chance at any one of them. Even the next tier down has some very nice players in it. Marquis Blair, Jaquan Johnson, etc...
Yeah I'm starting to think DT may be the best bet in the second round if one falls. The top 3 TE's will be gone more than likely and the group after them I think we can get one of those later. Meaning I'm not so in love with Sternberger that I'd be offended if we got a different TE later like Knox, Nauta or Caleb Wilson.

Give me a DreMont Jones, Jeffrey Simmons (Because of injury) or Jerry Tillery in the second if they fall and clean up with safety and TE later. Of course they could all 3 easily be gone. In which case I think you can get an excellent safety and would rather not force the pick on the D-line.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thornhill fits that big safety that Richard likes, but he has great speed to go with it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm back and forth on this one, but I read really good stuff about Thornhill. A ball hawk safety would be a big boon to this D so that's where my choice would be. Barring that, DT please.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm back and forth on this one, but I read really good stuff about Thornhill. A ball hawk safety would be a big boon to this D so that's where my choice would be. Barring that, DT please.
I might even be higher on Thornhill than guys like Rapp. Just more of a coverage ballhawk type of guy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I might even be higher on Thornhill than guys like Rapp. Just more of a coverage ballhawk type of guy.
I am. I would take Rapp on this team. But given the choice of the two, give me Thornhill.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I am. I would take Rapp on this team. But given the choice of the two, give me Thornhill.
He would fill 2 areas of need that haven’t been a strength at the safety position in eons. Speed, and the ability to pick off some passes.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I watch a good bit of uga, so pet cats are isaac Nauta, DeAndre Walker, and Meco.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A rapp or thornhill pick would seal the deal for me, but refusing to get my hopes up.

Top Bottom