La'el Collins Recovering From Shoulder Surgery

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'd be tempted to move him back to guard and swing Connor out to get some work at T.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd be tempted to move him back to guard and swing Connor out to get some work at T.
I've been saying this all along. It only makes sense. The man was damn good at G and dropped precipitously when moved to T.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've wanted this for awhile. I think it's both players better positions. I think Connor could be a Doug Free type OT if not better.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd rather keep things as they are for now. Give it some time. Things weren't that bad last year, and with more time to improve could get really good.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd rather keep things as they are for now. Give it some time. Things weren't that bad last year, and with more time to improve could get really good.
Yeah, with a year under his belt and some added bulk, I'd like to see what Connor Williams can do alongside Travis Frederick. La'el Collins is not all pro out at RT, but he's not a liability, either. Moving Williams out there just starts the learning curve all over again. If the plan was to move him to RT, I think they would have started that last year. I think they like his mobility on the interior. His move blocks are pretty good. If he can improve on his anchor, I think he'll be pretty good there.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'd like to see what Connor can do at tackle because he may need to be a candidate at LT depending on how Tyron's back holds up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see what Connor can do at tackle because he may need to be a candidate at LT depending on how Tyron's back holds up.
Its hard because I think Connor could be a good guard. But long term he may carry more value at OT where I also think he could be good.

Top Bottom