Cowboys sign DeMarcus Lawrence

p1_

DCC 4Life
from that bastion of football news, PFT. Hmm...

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've seen it all over other Cowboys sites. Just get it done. Hopefully it's somewhat reasonable towards the cap

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL Network on tv is reporting it as 5 years and over 100 mil. Like its a done deal. Glad it's over and we can move to more important things.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If it ends up in the 20 mil a year range I'll take it as a win for the Boys. 5 years is also perfect.
He won't be playing at a high echelon three years from now. I hope it is structured that way.

We just dug out of the dead money hole this year. Don't need that again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He won't be playing at a high echelon three years from now.
He just turned 27 a couple days ago, and he'll be 30 then. How are you so certain of this?

Unless an injury happens, I don't see how that would be such a stretch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He'll be 30 then. How are you so certain of this?

Unless an injury happens, I don't see how that would be such a stretch.
Given the fact he has documented back issues, I am comfortable with that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, considering you take worst case scenario on everything, nobody should be surprised.
Yeah just nod and move on with Booze. Expecting him to play well to 32 as a pass rusher isn't crazy at all. But Booze hates everyone and everything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah just nod and move on with Booze. Expecting him to play well to 32 as a pass rusher isn't crazy at all. But Booze hates everyone and everything.
Really? Who are the 32 year old pass rushers that are still wrecking things? You might get a Cameron Wake every now and again, but it is not exactly a position that favors the old guys. Even the young ones can fall off quickly due to injury.

And looking at Lawrence's history? Yeah. I will take the bet that he is not playing well at 32.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And looking at Lawrence's history? Yeah. I will take the bet that he is not playing well at 32.
And if he isn't you cut him? How many guys are playing the entire length of their second contracts that aren't QBs? Lawrence has a long history of busting his ass. If he keeps doing that I feel good about him playing to 31 ( Which is how old he will be in the last year of yhe deal)

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Close to how I feel as well. It is what it is.

How we deal with the contract down the road is Goof Son's challenge.
Yep. Had taco lived up to his draft status we might've had some options, but instead we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Top Bottom