2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pay 'em all when the time comes.
Hitchens is interesting. At what price do you let him walk? What is the most you think is reasonable? I would like to have him back for depth at the very least but he will probably get an offer from someone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, Lawrence and Irving are a combo we have been dreaming about since before Ware. You build the defense around that.
Absolutely. Add in a solid 1T, and a good deep safety, and this defense will be ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member
Hitchens is interesting. At what price do you let him walk? What is the most you think is reasonable? I would like to have him back for depth at the very least but he will probably get an offer from someone.
Obviously, we aren't backing up the Brinks truck for him, but I pay him well. He has been playing lights out since he came back. And, he has been damn near invaluable with Lee out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Obviously, we aren't backing up the Brinks truck for him, but I pay him well. He has been playing lights out since he came back. And, he has been damn near invaluable with Lee out.
And he can play any of the LB positions, I think Hitchens is about as valuable as a JAG can be.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I want Hitchens to stay, but Im sure Stephen can't manage all these deals.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With the extra cap space we received in June after cutting Romo I think we'd be in position to make competitive offers to Hitchens and Lawrence. Obviously Lawrence would be the priority.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cut some fat then. I'm ok partying ways with a guy like Crawford or Scandrick.

And frankly Dez should accept a pay cut. Dude is being paid way too much.

Cotton

Staff member

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Uhhhhhhhhhh....
And this is in this thread why?

Cotton

Staff member
And this is in this thread why?
Because, apparently, NFL owners are thought about differently than NFL players. (See Ezekiel Elliot)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of the above
And don't get me wrong, I still want Dez around but the guy costs us 17 mil against the cap this year. Next year if we cut him we would save over 8 mil against the cap. So he needs to realize he isnt worth that much money. He isn't worth that kind of money to any NFL team any more.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
A testament to our historically great OLs for sure. Blitz means single coverage somewhere, and more time to locate the matchup makes a big difference.

The anomaly is 2010, and probably having Miles, Dez, or Witten in single coverage made a difference. More than likely blitzing was rare that year given how bad we were.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And don't get me wrong, I still want Dez around but the guy costs us 17 mil against the cap this year. Next year if we cut him we would save over 8 mil against the cap. So he needs to realize he isnt worth that much money. He isn't worth that kind of money to any NFL team any more.
We need an alpha WR soon. A guy like Jakeem Grant should do the trick.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom