Rapoport: Quinn Trade Being Finalized

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I am a little skeptical that the Rams gave him away with Phillips being so good at IDing and using edge rushers. Unless they thought he simply couldn't play LB -- but Wade doesn't have them drop and cover very often.

Also, his politics could be an interesting mix with Jerry. We'll see.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just glad they won't keep trotting Crawford out at RE now. He was soooooo slow for that position.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I can’t stand that we were so dependent on that mfer.
That ship should have sailed and then you've got Lawrence basically playing games. I'm starting to hate the Taco pick more all the time, too.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That ship should have sailed and then you've got Lawrence basically playing games. I'm starting to hate the Taco pick more all the time, too.
Deep breaths. First rounders bust all the time, we should be happy it happened to us only twice this decade (fingers crossed for 2019).

But yeah. Fuck.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deep breaths. First rounders bust all the time, we should be happy it happened to us only twice this decade (fingers crossed for 2019).

But yeah. Fuck.
I mean I'm not toally ready to give up on Taco. He jist needs to get his head on straight and stop thinking that he is the shit. The talent is there it's his attitude that's an issue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
I mean I'm not toally ready to give up on Taco. He jist needs to get his head on straight and stop thinking that he is the shit. The talent is there it's his attitude that's an issue.
Yep. They need to sit him down and read the riot act to him, then the other team members need to make him know he needs to pick it up. That may get him going as quick as anything. If not he might then be a candidate as a lost cause.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

But yeah. Fuck.
I know it too well, it could be he just needs to take the game more seriously. That happens to some first round picks once the money starts rolling in and they figure they've made it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Scouting Report: What Are Quinn’s Strengths?

Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout

FRISCO, Texas – Having spent some time with the tape, here’s my scouting report on the Cowboys’ newly-acquired pass rusher, Robert Quinn.

Name: Robert Quinn

Position: DE

College: North Carolina

Height: 6-4

Weight: 264

Draft: Selected in the first round, 14th overall, by the St. Louis Rams in 2011

Games Studied: 2018 vs. Green Bay, New England (twice), Jacksonville

Scouting Report:
  • As you’d expect from a first-round talent, Quinn plays with initial quickness off the snap. Even at this advanced point in his career, he still has a good first step. Plays low to the ground.
  • To account for him, opponents will often put extra blockers to his side. He will get chipped by backs and tight ends.
  • He has the ability to take his blocker wide, then work underneath. He shows important redirection skills, and he has a large tool belt of pass rush moves. Start-stop quickness. Slippery player.
  • You hear me talk about this a lot, and it definitely applies to Quinn: he gets in a rhythm as a pass rusher. This is one of those guys that smells blood in the water. He plays with some bend, and he has a real feel for how to get his shoulder past the blocker. Will go after the ball in the quarterback’s hand. Works to create turnovers.
  • You can tell this guy is a savvy veteran. He has a feel for how to rush at the proper depth. He doesn’t get pushed up the field, as he knows where he needs to finish. He does a good job of breaking the blocker’s hands down.
  • Quinn is very athletic, but he’s just not as effective when he attempts to bull or power rush. He gets two good steps, then gets bogged down.
  • He can really close down from the backside in the running game. He gets up the field, then is able to retrace his steps. He fights hard to take on blockers at the point of attack. Doesn’t get washed despite his lack of bulk.
  • Knows how to position himself in the throwing lane in order to deflect the ball.
  • With the Dolphins, Quinn played in a rotating system. He’d rush hard three snaps, then come off the field. This is the type of guy that gives you everything he has in those snaps.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Scouting Report: What Are Quinn’s Strengths?

Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout
Who would have ever thought that Bryan Broaddus could ever look like a bigger tool than he already does, but slap a bowtie on him? Damn.

Top Bottom