S George Iloka To Visit Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh. Didn’t they almost bring him in last year?
Yes, but they lowballed him with money and he went to Minny.

This guy is very low impact. Think of a "depth" signing like Robert Blanton a few years ago who we just went ahead and dumped at the final cuts.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, but they lowballed him with money and he went to Minny.

This guy is very low impact. Think of a "depth" signing like Robert Blanton a few years ago who we just went ahead and dumped at the final cuts.
Totally different player than Blanton. He might be washed up but Blanton was never good at any point in his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Totally different player than Blanton. He might be washed up but Blanton was never good at any point in his career.
Same result. I don't see how he is an upgrade in any way. We will still need to look at the draft if we want to get better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same result. I don't see how he is an upgrade in any way. We will still need to look at the draft if we want to get better.
That's because he did nothing with the Vikes. A year earlier he would have looked like a clear upgrade to Heath.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great, so no Berry.
Berry isn't going to be a quick one. He needs to find out his market before he accepts the kind of deal that he should accept.

We didn't sign Iloka and it's a good idea to keep looking at safeties especially because Berry could easily sign somewhere else. You want to have some options. Plus none of us really know what kind of health Berry has right now. Dallas could have looked at him and been a little scared off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This just tells me they are going draft.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
At least he's experienced, not undersized and not frequently injured so I guess there's that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't mind signing Iloka. He's not a permanent fix, but he is an upgrade over Heath and is only signed for 1 year. This certainly doesn't stop us from drafting a safety if the right one is there. The short contract makes that pretty obvious.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
This just tells me they are going draft.
Yep, and to me this makes sense. There's good depth at safety in this year's draft. I'm thinking our first pick will be for a solid rookie here. And to me the ET option was too expensive for his age, also considering we have other contracts to wrap up. And I just didn't think Berry was a safe bet going forward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, and to me this makes sense. There's good depth at safety in this year's draft. I'm thinking our first pick will be for a solid rookie here. And to me the ET option was too expensive for his age, also considering we have other contracts to wrap up. And I just didn't think Berry was a safe bet going forward.
The thing that worried me about Earl Thomas and Berry are the injuries. Both guys have missed a lot of games the last few years. And they may have kept us from drafting one.

Top Bottom