Cowboys Involved In Trade Talks With Dolphins For DE Robert Quinn

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If this actually happens, I almost guarantee a DE is not drafted this year.

The Cowboys are not playing about finding pass rushers in 2019. After agreeing to a deal with Kerry Hyder, they’ve turned their attention to Miami Dolphins DE Robert Quinn. The two-time Pro Bowler is not a free agent but has been made available on the trade block by the Dolphins. He still has one year remaining on his contract and Miami is looking to get some level of draft compensation for Quinn’s services.

They’ve are willing to pay part of his $11.8 million salary according to the Miami Herald, and waited until after they paid the $1 million-plus roster bonus he was due at the start of the 2019 league year. Dallas, who has lost Randy Gregory to another indefinite suspension and are currently in negotiations with DeMarcus Lawrence, could certainly use more pass-rush help.
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/19/dallas-cowboys-robert-quinn-possible-trade-free-agency-visit-miami-dolphins/

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That'd be a great move, assuming it'd only take like a 5th based on some of the other deals made recently.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Dolphins are desperate to get rid of him, they wouldn't be offering to pay part of his salary if they weren't. I can't imagine the front office giving up anything more than the compensatory 4th when you consider that Michael Bennett was traded for a 5th (in 2020), Kelechi Osemele went for a 2019 5th, and Marcus Gilbert and Desean Jackson went for 2019 6th's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was pretty mediocre last season. Dude hasn't had double digit sacks for a long time. I like the player and all but he isn't worth a fourth.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Considering those other deals I mentioned I wouldn't go higher than a 2019 5th honestly. Osemele was 1st Team All Pro like two years ago and went for a 5th, Bennett was at least as good, if not better than Quinn last year and went for a 2020 5th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The Dolphins have publicized that they are willing to eat cap room to get deals done, just like they did with the Tannehill trade.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we can get Quinn on a reasonable deal I'd be fine extending him 2-3 years. He's only 29 and would be 31 in the last year of a 3 year deal. He put up 6.5 sacks last year playing across from the corpse of 36 year old Cameron Wake on a team that was often behind, if both he and Lawrence stay healthy I think it's reasonable to expect 8-9 sacks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Considering those other deals I mentioned I wouldn't go higher than a 2019 5th honestly. Osemele was 1st Team All Pro like two years ago and went for a 5th, Bennett was at least as good, if not better than Quinn last year and went for a 2020 5th.
Yeah, I'm thinking like a 6th, and the Dolphins eat some salary. Maybe flip picks somewhere else too. We are helping them by taking his contract just as much as they are helping us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is all fine and good, but they need to get off their asses and pay Tank.
I would be happy with this signing, but yes, I think they need to get Tank's deal done before any of this shit takes place.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A trade seems like a formality, you don't bring in a player under contract for a visit unless it's mostly a done deal. The Saints stuff seems like the Dolphins trying to get a little leverage.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't mind this if the Dolphins really agree to pay part of his salary and it's no more than one of the fourths or a fifth round pick.

Top Bottom