Cowboys Sign DT Christian Covington

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
And yet, the last few years we've won 10 (plus a playoff game), 9, and 13 games. Seems like the approach we've had has been ok after all.

I'd like to sign a couple of good players too, but the only absurd thing I see is in some of our reactions. The sky is not falling.
Are you happy being crowned the "Wade Phillips Regular Season Champion", or do you wish to actually get thru the playoffs and win a SB?

Because they aren't winning a SB with this kind of Front Office spend-thrifty bullshit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are you happy being crowned the "Wade Phillips Regular Season Champion", or do you wish to actually get thru the playoffs and win a SB?

Because they aren't winning a SB with this kind of Front Office spend-thrifty bullshit.
I agree with Geng. It's not the talent on the team that is the problem. It's the coaching. And until that mess is fixed, we can expect to be stuck in neutral. We can win games in the regular season on talent alone. But when the cream starts to rise in the playoffs, our head coach sours everything.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Nobody fights more to maintain the traditional high standards that this team used to have than me. My point is that our approach to free agency lately has yielded as good as or better results than the "throw money are Brandon Carr" type of approach. It's certainly not absurd to not want to give out the ridiculous contracts like Flowers, or Collins, or Jackson, or whomever got. I don't think that gets you closer to a championship.

A much bigger issue is the inability to get a deal done with Lawrence. Without Lawrence our pass rush would be among the worst in the league.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree with Geng. It's not the talent on the team that is the problem. It's the coaching. And until that mess is fixed, we can expect to be stuck in neutral. We can win games in the regular season on talent alone. But when the cream starts to rise in the playoffs, our head coach sours everything.
Yep. We have a few holes like every team (and I'd like to see a few free agent signings so that we can just let the draft come to us), but overall talent isn't what is holding this team back.

UncleMilti

Staff member
A lot of it is coaching...but even as much as I hate Red...I can't blame him for the team giving up 200+ yards to the Rams. Some playmakers at DT or along the DL and that doesn't happen.That's on the Jones fucktards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
A lot of it is coaching...but even as much as I hate Red...I can't blame him for the team giving up 200+ yards to the Rams. Some playmakers at DT or along the DL and that doesn't happen.That's on the Jones fucktards.
Of course we could always use better players. Every team can. But the way people carry on over one f'n game is ridiculous. It was one game. Not an entire season. Over all, our defense was pretty good. Can it improve? Of course. But one bad outing isn't the end all, be all. Also, our seeming to not give a shit about the D tackle position, isn't on the 'Jones fucktards'. That shit is all Marinelli. So, like I said. Coaching.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Of course we could always use better players. Every team can. But the way people carry on over one f'n game is ridiculous. It was one game. Not an entire season. Over all, our defense was pretty good. Can it improve? Of course. But one bad outing isn't the end all, be all. Also, our seeming to not give a shit about the D tackle position, isn't on the 'Jones fucktards'. That shit is all Marinelli. So, like I said. Coaching.
But doesn’t Jerry run around preaching about how the buck stops with him? Everyone in general on this site complains how Garrett is just a figurehead for Jerry so do people believe that, or only believe it when it’s fits a narrative?

So, IMO if the front office wanted to TRULY have a shot to win in the playoffs, and Garret was safe as HC, they would have addressed the DL and specifically the DT position 2-3 seasons ago. Instead they talk themselves into believing role players are first round studs.

And I agree with you and Gheng.....not getting D Lawrence signed is an abomination, as is keeping Garrett around as HC. But since even the stupidest Cowboys fan knew Garrett wasn’t going anywhere, Jones and Tards should have addressed a huge weakness on this team along the DL.

The defense was good, but it always seems to be a problem on the D pops up when we are in a one and done scenario. And more often than not it’s the inability to pressure the QB, poor safety play, or poor play at DT.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Cedric Thornton, Stephen Paea, Woods, now this guy

Shortcut retreads they are hoping will pop in Dallas

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like Antwan Woods. pop!
Just like him. He was already getting it on with Prescott and the other Hot Boyz at the parties with Jones last night. He is the poster child for the philosophy.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And Woods was average and a complete non-factor in LA. He’s at best quality depth, but nowhere near the stopper we need in the middle.

Every half yard of penetration a NT/1T gets is multiplied by almost every other member of the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And Woods was average and a complete non-factor in LA. He’s at best quality depth, but nowhere near the stopper we need in the middle.

Every half yard of penetration a NT/1T gets is multiplied by almost every other member of the defense.
His rise to preferred status is pretty impressive.

Perfect example of a guy that will get overvalued by this franchise simply because he is here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
His rise to preferred status is pretty impressive.

Perfect example of a guy that will get overvalued by this franchise simply because he is here.
i recall hearing something about him playing hurt in the LA game.

Top Bottom