Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So now we have two Chris Covingtons?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's cool, seems like a decent enough signing. Definitely a bargain basement special but it at least gives us some D-line options. And a guy who at least got 3.5 sacks last season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's cool, seems like a decent enough signing. Definitely a bargain basement special but it at least gives us some D-line options. And a guy who at least got 3.5 sacks last season.
I think three of them came in one game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's a pretty solid signing, I think he was one of the guys I named yesterday after bitching about not going after Thomas. He was miscast in a 3-4 where he often played as a 5-T or at DE, but he's a pure 4-3 DT, mainly as a run-stuffer who can get some push with power in his pass rush. Now go get Ziggy Ansah or Justin Houston for cheap and we may have something.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Outstanding.

When I think of the type of player who could have been the difference vs the Rams back in January, I think of Chris Covington.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
PFF gives him an above average grade. I think it's a pretty good signing. Hope we don't see it as a reason to pass on both a 1 tech and a 3 tech in the draft.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Outstanding.

When I think of the type of player who could have been the difference vs the Rams back in January, I think of Chris Covington.
I think the biggest problem against the Rams was the gameplan we stuck with (and the fact our DL tipped what they were doing).

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think the biggest problem against the Rams was the gameplan we stuck with (and the fact our DL tipped what they were doing).
Was the plan to let them run for 270?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Those are some sad numbers. Who the hell is his agent? Helen Keller?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Bargain basement numbers for certain but maybe they give him a year to prove he's better suited in the middle of a four man front. If he's does all right, he might parlay that into a bigger contract in Dallas (Or elsewhere).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol

Those are some sad numbers. Who the hell is his agent? Helen Keller?
Good lord.

These assholes are so cheap they are even breaking down incentives on a one year deal.

I'm surprised they didn't add incentives if he was still alive come training camp.

Makes it through first mini camp practice? 500 bucks

Puts on helmet correctly? $46.38

This new approach to free agency that they've been on the last few years is just absurd.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And yet, the last few years we've won 10 (plus a playoff game), 9, and 13 games. Seems like the approach we've had has been ok after all.

I'd like to sign a couple of good players too, but the only absurd thing I see is in some of our reactions. The sky is not falling.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Saints just signed Malcolm Brown to a 3/15 deal. I was thinking earlier today about Brown as an option. IMO he would have been a good 1 tech run stuffer at a good price.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Saints just signed Malcolm Brown to a 3/15 deal. I was thinking earlier today about Brown as an option. IMO he would have been a good 1 tech run stuffer at a good price.
Didn’t we sign one of those in Covington?

Top Bottom