X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Funny I hear the same complaints by Cowboys players about the offense now.
    Yeah, but there's a difference between the offense simply being stale and unimaginative, and deliberately running the same 3 plays in order to tank the head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Yeah, but there's a difference between the offense simply being stale and unimaginative, and deliberately running the same 3 plays in order to tank the head coach.
      Sure but the complaints of our offense being predictable and that defenses know what we are running is something we have heard from multiple recent players. We still have WRs running only like 3 different routes. What I'm suggesting is maybe that's just Garrett or what Garrett is comfortable with when he can win doing it.
      Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 4 days ago.

Comment

Sure but the complaints of our offense being predicrable and that defenses know what we are running is something we have heard from multiple recent players. We still have WRs running only like 3 different routes.
        There have been players from other teams that Dallas has played that said basically the same thing.

Comment

Sure but the complaints of our offense being predicrable and that defenses know what we are running is something we have heard from multiple recent players. We still have WRs running only like 3 different routes. What I'm suggesting is maybe that's just Garrett or what Garrett is comfortable with when he can win doing it.
          Exactly, I think I was suggesting the same thing.

Unoriginality may be a hallmark, but I don't know that it was deliberate in an effort to tank. Oh, so we passed out new playbooks after Phillips left? Well how revolutionary could these new playbooks be if Garrett has continued to be stale and unimaginative, as everyone says? Maybe the new coach changes things up when the old coach gets fired because he has ideas that simply weren't shared by the old coach. This is much ado about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Exactly, I think I was suggesting the same thing.

Unoriginality may be a hallmark, but I don't know that it was deliberate in an effort to tank. Oh, so we passed out new playbooks after Phillips left? Well how revolutionary could these new playbooks be if Garrett has continued to be stale and unimaginative, as everyone says? Maybe the new coach changes things up when the old coach gets fired because he has ideas that simply weren't shared by the old coach. This is much ado about nothing.
            Funny how Hatcher validates a lot of things about the culture and Garrett we have all talked about for years and yet you say much ado about nothing because it puts Garrett in a bad light.

Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Funny how Hatcher validates a lot of things about the culture and Garrett we have all talked about for years and yet you say much ado about nothing because it puts Garrett in a bad light.

Shocking.
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Shocking.
                What things does he validate? That we are unoriginal? I don't dispute that.

If you are trying to say that Hatcher's potshots indicate that Garrett tanked on Phillips, no, there's still no credible logic or evidence for that. Yeah, and Terrell Owens said that Witten conspired against him. I don't believe that any more just because someone says it.

Comment

I wouldn't suggest Garrett tanked the O/sold out Phillips. I think Wade was a failed head coach, Garrett was anointed by Jones while he was still a backup QB and he's been incompetent or at least overrated from the beginning. The team at that juncture still had enough talent to mask his deficiencies as a HC.

Comment

Comment

^ I'm pretty sure there has been some division in the locker room for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                        ^ I'm pretty sure there has been some division in the locker room for awhile.
                        I don't think theres one currently. and if so, its not over the QB and coach being bromosexual. And I think Dak has already equalled Romo's postseason victory total.
                        defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post

I don't think theres one currently. and if so, its not over the QB and coach being bromosexual. And I think Dak has already equalled Romo's postseason victory total.
                          Romo has two wins (Detroit and Philly). Dak has one (Rams).

Comment

Originally posted by bbgun View Post

Romo has two wins (Detroit and Philly). Dak has one (Rams).
                            correct count, Dak won vs Seattle. And put us in position to beat GB.
                            defense wins championships

Comment

It was obvious Garrett undermined Wade, but Wade walked into a situation clearly stacked against him with eyes wide open.

I mean, Jerry had already hired Garrett!

Comment

Working...
                              X