Jerry at the Combine

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think he's saying that if Garrett ever does win a Super Bowl here, the Jones clan will give him a lifetime contract.
Yeah. I read it again after Crock pointed it out. That's. what I get for posting before mornimg caffeine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Eh, I'm not gonna turn my nose up at a Super Bowl win after 20 years.
Yeah. To me it’s ridiculous to want to forfeit a championship for the sake of personal preference. I wouldn’t care if Campo was the coach if the team won the Lombardy trophy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess we are thinking one SB every 30 years then...
That isn’t the point. If a coach can lead a team to a championship then take it. Even Jimmy Johnson couldn’t duplicate his championship years in another venue. It’s rare to find coaches that capture the wind at every place they coach. If Garrett brings the team to champion levels I am willing to let him try again. The only coach I know of these days that can adjust to most any circumstance with changes is Bilicek.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That isn’t the point. If a coach can lead a team to a championship then take it. Even Jimmy Johnson couldn’t duplicate his championship years in another venue. It’s rare to find coaches that capture the wind at every place they coach. If Garrett brings the team to champion levels I am willing to let him try again. The only coach I know of these days that can adjust to most any circumstance with changes is Bilicek.
That is precisely the point, the consensus seems to be that what is to be understood from Teh JJ's comments is should RHG win a SB he would get a lifetime contract, as of now it's been 25 years since the last SB, basically half of those with RHG in the fold. Are we going to base this on what we know to date or on "when he wins a SB it will all click for him and it will be multiple SB's"...

If he lucks into one I don't see the stars aligning again for another 30 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Belichick didn't adjust to anything until Tom Brady fell in his lap. He's a good coach, but I hope he doesn't retire when Brady does so we can see exactly what he can do after he's gone. We already saw what he could do before Brady, and it wasn't much.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is precisely the point, the consensus seems to be that what is to be understood from Teh JJ's comments is should RHG win a SB he would get a lifetime contract, as of now it's been 25 years since the last SB, basically half of those with RHG in the fold. Are we going to base this on what we know to date or on "when he wins a SB it will all click for him and it will be multiple SB's"...

If he lucks into one I don't see the stars aligning again for another 30 years.
If you are waiting for the Cowboys to become a dominate team like there were in the early 90’s then probably no coach will make you happy. Those are rare occurances. Very few teams have ever had a continuation of consecutive championships since the parity program has been introduced. The exception is New England. The era of continuation of dominance is just not attainable for most teams. Super Bowl winners often don’t make the playoffs the following years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Belichick didn't adjust to anything until Tom Brady fell in his lap. He's a good coach, but I hope he doesn't retire when Brady does so we can see exactly what he can do after he's gone. We already saw what he could do before Brady, and it wasn't much.
I agree but at the same time Brady had to be utilized correctly for the team to benefit. Its never a single element that makes the perfect storm.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess we are thinking one SB every 30 years then...
No, but I'm also not gonna outright hope that we don't win one with Garrett just because I also am projecting he won't win again. If he does, he is certainly a better bet to win again than anyone else Jerry has hired.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If you are waiting for the Cowboys to become a dominate team like there were in the early 90’s then probably no coach will make you happy. Those are rare occurances. Very few teams have ever had a continuation of consecutive championships since the parity program has been introduced. The exception is New England. The era of continuation of dominance is just not attainable for most teams. Super Bowl winners often don’t make the playoffs the following years.
I could do with a run like Pitt, Den, GB, Balt. all with multiple wins since we last won one

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
3 OUT OF 32 is still not an overwhelming number but all of us would like to see it. this however is far afield to the original contention of who would forfeit a Super Bowl in order to get rid of a coach.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
3 OUT OF 32 is still not an overwhelming number but all of us would like to see it. this however is far afield to the original contention of who would forfeit a Super Bowl in order to get rid of a coach.

Wrong, if you add NE that is 5 out of 32 which is almost 1 in 6. And the premise is would you be willing to put up with 20 more years of Garrett for 1 SB...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, but I'm also not gonna outright hope that we don't win one with Garrett just because I also am projecting he won't win again. If he does, he is certainly a better bet to win again than anyone else Jerry has hired.
Yeah if Garrett wins one I don't think you can sit here and assume he can't do it again. Myself along with everyome here would be thrilled if Garrett won a Superbowl regardless of what they say on here.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I would be thrilled, but my skepticism of Garrett ever
achieving a super bowl victory runs very deep.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah if Garrett wins one I don't think you can sit here and assume he can't do it again. Myself along with everyome here would be thrilled if Garrett won a Superbowl regardless of what they say on here.
Precisely what I said but some can read it that way.

Top Bottom