Witten back with the Cowboys...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Oh, Mikey.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Mikey's a see-no-evil company man like Jason. That's why they still keep playing his motivational speech on the jumbotron.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My god, how can anyone stand that smirking fraud leading that PC? Go become the president of Toastmasters or something.

I don't remember if I've ever expressed this sentiment before.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
On third and nine he catch it for five and labor for another two before being caught from behind by a DT who got his start two yards in the backfield.
On "goal to go" from the 3, I'll take that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Michael Irvin is ‘elated’ that Jason Witten is re-joining the Cowboys[/h]

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Only a season away from the playing field and Jason Witten decided to strap up once more.

The Dallas Cowboys tight end's decision to come back is boding well for the soon-to-be 37-year-old, who's figuratively driving to the fountain of youth on a regular basis.

"There's been nothing like it," Witten said Saturday ahead of his induction into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame via ESPN.com's Todd Archer. "I feel like a little kid when my car pulls in. I'm looking forward to the next six, seven months."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024840/article/jason-witten-on-being-back-i-feel-like-a-little-kid

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yea he's not coming off the field :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea he's not coming off the field :lol
I don't care about him being on the field in running situations. But where he really kills us is in the third and long scenarios. When it's third and 5 or more Witten absolutely is a detriment to this offense. But everyone in the organization is either too close or too dumb to realize it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't care about him being on the field in running situations. But where he really kills us is in the third and long scenarios. When it's third and 5 or more Witten absolutely is a detriment to this offense. But everyone in the organization is either too close or too dumb to realize it.
We don’t know yet where Kellen stands on the issue.
I hope he has no such allegiance to Witten.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And that's my concern. I think Witten sometimes has more sway in the organization than the coaching staff. So he can kind of make his own rules on the field. I'm not sure a guy like Kellen Moore who is younger than he is will be able to tell him what to do or feel like he has that power or authority.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Won't matter as long as Jason and Jerry do.

And I don't believe that about the best run blocker. He's 36 and a year out of the booth, and he was never that great a blocker to begin with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Won't matter as long as Jason and Jerry do.

And I don't believe that about the best run blocker. He's 36 and a year out of the booth, and he was never that great a blocker to begin with.
Wait, what? Never? Yeah... Gonna have to disagree with that.

Witten may have slipped some the last couple years, but he's always been a good blocker. Both on the move and stationary.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Wait, what? Never? Yeah... Gonna have to disagree with that.

Witten may have slipped some the last couple years, but he's always been a good blocker. Both on the move and stationary.
by the same token, I don't think he came back just to block for Zeke. I wish they hadnt opened this can of worms.

Top Bottom