Schefter: Irving Under Evaluation For Suspension

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
That fucking guy is an A-1 certified imbecile.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is nothing new. We knew this was coming months ago.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Looking back, it’s a miracle this guy ever saw the field for any length of time.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:picard I swear I already read this hours ago. Oh wait that was Gregory again, my bad. This team sure does pick some winners.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
At least this is a guy we already weren’t counting on returning.

p1_

DCC 4Life
At least this is a guy we already weren’t counting on returning.
sadly, we werent counting on it. But fittingly, it would be at a position group which is the least talented/worst on the roster.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
[h=1]Cowboys DL David Irving suspended indefinitely[/h]

• By Jeremy Bergman
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: March 1, 2019 at 04:19 p.m.
Another day, another indefinite suspension for a Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman.

Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving was suspended indefinitely for violating the league's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, the NFL announced Friday.​​​​​​​The indefinite ban comes just two days after the league suspended Irving's Cowboys linemate, Randy Gregory, indefinitely for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Unlike Gregory, who had a year left on his deal with the Cowboys, Irving was an impending free agent. The Cowboys did not intend to re-sign him.

This is Irving's third suspension of his short career. The 25-year-old was banned for the first four games of the both the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Irving joined the Cowboys in 2015. Over his four seasons in Dallas, Irving played in 37 games, starting 10, and recorded 12.5 sacks. The defensive tackle earned a $2.9 million contract last offseason after racking up seven sacks in 2017. Irving played just two games in 2018 after sitting out with his second suspension and ankle issues.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well, have fun...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s just disgusting the way talented players can’t leave banned substances alone. These two can just be written off by the organization because the league knows they are difference makers and also know they are addicts of sorts. They will never be an asset to the Cowboys because they are targets by the league and rightly so. Dallas should shuck them and take their loss the concentrate on a better internal drug policing system.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I wonder if they have drug testing in the AAF.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't think he gives enough of a shit about football to play for nothing.
He claimed that he wanted to take care of his daughter, so you'd think he'd care enough to find another source of income.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he gives enough of a shit about football to play for nothing.
Yeah this past season we really found out he doesn't have a passion for the game at all. Sad for a man who god gave the talent of being a great player to.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
[h=1]David Irving on future: 'I quit the NFL, I'm outta here'[/h] ByPATRIK WALKER 12 hours ago

David Irving just made his retirement (un)official.

With NFL free agency rapidly approaching, Irving will join the ranks of those looking for new employment in 2019, barring the Cowboys stepping in and re-signing him to a new deal. Considering all of the variables, that scenario was highly unlikely far before news broke on Feb. 18 that the club had come to a decision to let Irving walk. It was one year ago when they opted to place a second-round tender on him instead of a first-rounder, with the goal of seeing him prove himself for what could've been a hefty payday this spring.

It instead became a season filled with off-the-field issues and on-the-field injury, with the tender set to pay the veteran $2.91 million for just two games played.

Minus $495,000 for the four-game, unpaid suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy — his second suspension in as many seasons, the first being for PED use — and Irving still made off with $2.23 million for a total of two tackles and one sack in 2018. All in all, he's played in only 10 of the last 34 games, has just 10 career starts in four years and was facing upwards of an indefinite suspension by the NFL for several missed drug tests. He's also currently being probed by the league for domestic violence allegations, with the front office having reportedly recently questioned by him and his child's mother, Angela Sanchez, about her 2018 accusations.

[David Irving rails against weed ban in NFL, accuses Cowboys staff]

It's all more than Irving wants to deal with going forward, and the veteran pass rusher took to Instagram Live to build on comments he made previously that included lobbing an accusation at the Cowboys' coaching staff, taking his stance to an entire new level as he openly smoked marijuana while making it clear he no longer has a desire to play in the NFL.

"So basically guys, I quit," he said. "They want to talk about a suspension and all this other nonsense. I'm outta there. I'm not doing this sh-t no more."

He went on to explain why he's choosing to continue doing the drug over what he feels is a conspiratorial regime in the NFL front office.
"I guess the same thing that'll make a little kid sip some liquor, or do whatever," he said. "The same reason an adult would choose to do it. It felt great. As a kid, it was one thing, but now that you're older and you do what I do — you hurt.

"I got two shoulder surgeries. Everyone was mad at me about my damn injuries. Y'all know I was in a damn cast? I was on crutches? I was in a scooter?

"I go through a lot of pain. I don't miss games unless it's physically impossible for me to play. ...Nothing helps better. ...It's much better than that opiate sh-t. ...I'd rather use something natural."

At this point, he again waved the marijuana at the camera, knowing full well what could come of the video. At the end, before signing off, he essentially said as much.
"We'll see what happens. They're talking about this CBA or whatever, we'll see how it goes. It was a scary thing, thinking about it all day — stepping away from football. I'm 6'8"and got all these tattoos and stuff.

"I don't have a college degree. I got a kid. What am I gonna do? And I've been thinking about it for awhile.

"I've just stopped thinking about it. Stepped out on faith. I went to church and all that. I swear I did.

"And everything has been working out great for me. I'm stepping out on faith. It always does. I know it will.

"I know all y'all probably think I'm crazy, but it's gonna all work out. The NFL is gonna be all over this sh-t. Tonight, probably. ...Let them eat it up. They got their little medicine rules and all that bullsh-t.

"And I say it's medicine because, like I said, I don't consider this a drug. It's medicine. I'm gonna have to step away. They're just setting us up — taking money.

"All kinds of BS. It is what it is. I knew what I signed up for, so I'm just on my single dad note. ...Everything's gonna work out. Little bit of prayer here and there. Little bit of medicine here and there."​
__
6COMMENTS
Irving signed off shortly thereafter, but there wasn't much more to say anyway. In a slew of recent social media posts and comments, he's shown he wants nothing more to do with the NFL, despite also making the prediction that "yes" the Cowboys would re-sign him for this coming season. It appears the reality of it all is now setting in, and the book has been closed on what could've been one of the more promising professional careers around.

The NFL is now done with him though, and he's now officially done with the league, although signs point to the latter having been the case for a long time now.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
His life, he can do whatever he wants. Sooner or later he'll need to make money doing something though unless he's got family and friends willing to support him. He didn't even get some half assed degree from ISU and it sounds like his only ambition is to sit around and get high.

Top Bottom