Report: Mizzou staffer being hired by the Dallas Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ADAM SPENCER | 1 HOUR AGO

Last year, the Missouri Tigers hired assistant Derek Dooley away from the Dallas Cowboys and made him their offensive coordinator.

Now, it appears the Cowboys are poaching an analyst from Mizzou’s staff to fill a role on their staff.

Per FootballScoop.com, the Cowboys will bring offensive line analyst Adam Kleffner on board as an assistant offensive line coach. Considering Kleffner’s story, this is quite the promotion:
Source tells FootballScoop the Cowboys are hiring Missouri offensive line analyst Adam Kleffner as assistant offensive line coach. Two years ago Kleffner was out of the game selling construction equipment. Now he’ll be coaching for the Cowboys. Follow your dreams men.​

Kleffner’s rise is impressive, and he’ll be missed on the Mizzou staff. But, for now, he’s off to the NFL where he’ll try to continue his upward career trajectory.
------

Ummm, okay.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's almost like Jerry is tanking to get rid of Garrett. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life

ADAM SPENCER | 1 HOUR AGO

Last year, the Missouri Tigers hired assistant Derek Dooley away from the Dallas Cowboys and made him their offensive coordinator.

Now, it appears the Cowboys are poaching an analyst from Mizzou’s staff to fill a role on their staff.

Per FootballScoop.com, the Cowboys will bring offensive line analyst Adam Kleffner on board as an assistant offensive line coach. Considering Kleffner’s story, this is quite the promotion:
Source tells FootballScoop the Cowboys are hiring Missouri offensive line analyst Adam Kleffner as assistant offensive line coach. Two years ago Kleffner was out of the game selling construction equipment. Now he’ll be coaching for the Cowboys. Follow your dreams men.​

Kleffner’s rise is impressive, and he’ll be missed on the Mizzou staff. But, for now, he’s off to the NFL where he’ll try to continue his upward career trajectory.
------

Ummm, okay.
I wonder who hes connected to in the organization.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Bingo. Came recommended by Dooley.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Probably nobody, maybe he made some mean coffee for Dooley or something.
Better hire than Leon Lett. Dumb, lazy player who let his enormous athletic gifts rot on the vine. Great hire for a coach...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Kleffner joins the Cowboys from Missouri where he was a quality control coach focusing on the line and earned positive marks from offensive coordinator Derek Dooley, the former Cowboys’ receivers coach, and offensive line coach Brad Davis.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41055914-4

Maybe they contacted Dooley and he gave the guy the rubber stamp of approval. Myself? Never heard of the guy but he'll probably end up being the staff gopher. :shrug

p1_

DCC 4Life
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41055914-4

Maybe they contacted Dooley and he gave the guy the rubber stamp of approval. Myself? Never heard of the guy but he'll probably end up being the staff gopher. :shrug
I bet youre right. Dooley is the connection. Reading that article had me confused at this sentence:

Steve Brown, who helps with running backs and is an offensive assistant, will return as will Andre Gurode and Phillip Tanner as defensive end special teams assistants respectively.

Gurode, as we know, was an olineman. Tanner was a spare running back who got cut. What those two are doing on staff is anyone's guess, but Im pretty sure its not to do with defense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet youre right. Dooley is the connection. Reading that article had me confused at this sentence:

Steve Brown, who helps with running backs and is an offensive assistant, will return as will Andre Gurode and Phillip Tanner as defensive end special teams assistants respectively.

Gurode, as we know, was an olineman. Tanner was a spare running back who got cut. What those two are doing on staff is anyone's guess, but Im pretty sure its not to do with defense.
I feel like those positions are just token positions. Sort of the NFLs way of trying to get some young black players into coaching.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Could be just sloppy writing. It says defensive end and special teams assistants. Tanner I guess I can see as a ST assistant since he played ST in college and in the pros. Gurode as defensive end assistant though? He played inside so I suppose I could imagine him as a DT coach or general DL coach but defensive ends?

Regardless, it's just more nepotism by the front office as far as I'm concerned. I'm more surprised when I hear about a coaching hire that has zero previous ties to the team.

Top Bottom