2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jesus Christ. Olawale played in 10% of our offensive plays last year. 1 out of fucking ten plays, he was on the field. And we lock him up for 3 years w/ guaranteed money.

I think this pisses me off more than sitting on our hands doing nothing in FA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tre Boston has 11 career INT's, including 10 in the last 3 years. He'd be an upgrade over Heath in coverage but I think he's a bit of a nutcase. But yes, Thomas is exactly what we needed, he wanted to be here, and we arrogantly passed because we have Jeff Heath and only wanted to pay him 10.5 instead of 13.5.
He is a f'in' idiot. No thanks.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
:doh
[h=2]Jamize Olawale, fullback[/h]
The Cowboys have agreed to a three-year deal with Olawale on Wednesday. Here's a closer look at the fullback who spent last season with Dallas after being acquired in a trade from the Oakland Raiders:

[h=1]2019 Free Agency | Cowboys[/h]
What you need to know about the Dallas Cowboys:

» Cowboys' free-agent signings
» Team needs: WR, CB, S
» Tracker: Latest moves around NFL
» Full top 100 free-agent ranking

What it means: Olawale, 29, played in every game last season but did not have a carry and caught just two passes. He dropped a touchdown pass against the Indianapolis Colts. He did lead the Cowboys in special teams' tackles with 13. With new offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, perhaps Olawale could get more work, but Ezekiel Elliott has operated just fine without a lead blocker.

What's the risk: There really isn't a risk here, although Cowboys fans surely want more splash in free agency than keeping a fullback. Olawale is a quiet, solid professional. The Cowboys like to have the option of a fullback available in short-yardage and goal-line situations. He is normally sure-handed -- despite his drop against the Colts -- and while not a blow-the-opposition-up type of fullback, he is effective enough as a blocker.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
:doh
[h=2]Jamize Olawale, fullback[/h]
The Cowboys have agreed to a three-year deal with Olawale on Wednesday. Here's a closer look at the fullback who spent last season with Dallas after being acquired in a trade from the Oakland Raiders:

[h=1]2019 Free Agency | Cowboys[/h]
What you need to know about the Dallas Cowboys:

» Cowboys' free-agent signings
» Team needs: WR, CB, S
» Tracker: Latest moves around NFL
» Full top 100 free-agent ranking

What it means: Olawale, 29, played in every game last season but did not have a carry and caught just two passes. He dropped a touchdown pass against the Indianapolis Colts. He did lead the Cowboys in special teams' tackles with 13. With new offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, perhaps Olawale could get more work, but Ezekiel Elliott has operated just fine without a lead blocker.

What's the risk: There really isn't a risk here, although Cowboys fans surely want more splash in free agency than keeping a fullback. Olawale is a quiet, solid professional. The Cowboys like to have the option of a fullback available in short-yardage and goal-line situations. He is normally sure-handed -- despite his drop against the Colts -- and while not a blow-the-opposition-up type of fullback, he is effective enough as a blocker.

He's the "right kind of guy." He'll be part of a team Garrett can "be proud of."

p1_

DCC 4Life

This is a solid move, we need depth.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oh I don't know about that.

He might actually want to get a pay check.
And we’d give him a ton of money whether he’s on the field or not. Sean Lee can attest to that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
IDK... PFF gives Jernigan a below average grade. I don't keep up with every player from other teams. Particularly the under the radar guys. He may be worth a shot, may be a waste of money and roster spot.

GShock

DCC 4Life
We're just trying to ensure Payton has maximum flexibility for when he takes over.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
We're set, as far as 2019. Beyond that there's no certainty. Irving gone, Collins contract up after next year, I believe Woods is as well, Covington on a one year deal.

Top Bottom