2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Signing Thomas for 2/30 would be completely reasonable to me. The AAV is too high but the tradeoff is it's only a 2 year deal so you can get out of it easily after this year as long as year 1 is front loaded.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm expecting the "Earl Thomas to sign with X team that isn't Dallas" tweet any minute now.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Eff it, just draft a safety and roll the dice that he develops. I'm sure ET's agent is drooling right about now.

shane

DCC 4Life
Eff it, just draft a safety and roll the dice that he develops. I'm sure ET's agent is drooling right about now.
Yeah, as much as I like Thomas, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to pay the shit out of an aging player coming off an injury.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
My one nephew back east is a big Redskins fan(HTTR, season tickets when he lived in MD) and when I posted this on FB, he gave the FB equivalent of this: :mad

I wonder if Art has chimed in on this turn of events. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wasn't that a week or two ago?

Are these assholes still playing grabass with Romo all this time later?
I don't think rich assholes like Jones take a week's vacation at a time.

But Romo isn't there. The last "family portrait" was a couple of years ago. Romo and Witten were there with the rest of the perverted clan.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think rich assholes like Jones take a week's vacation at a time.
Yea, but you know, there's the little consideration of the beginning free agency, i.e. arguably the second most important 3-4 day window between February-August. But as most of us have suspected these morons aren't desperate to win, they want to win, but they aren't desperate for it, they won't squeeze every drop out of their resources for the smallest possible advantage because they want to be "comfortable".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure most of them love the move.
I had a buddy of mine who is a Redskins fan text me today. He started the "oh, you are jealous" stuff and I was pretty simple with it.

Collins is a good player, but he is a box safety, much like what they had with Swearinger who they cut.

Then I challenged him to a haircut bet or a bust in the chops, bragging at the same time about about my vast collection of Cowboys ties.

I don't know why he hasn't responded since.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It has been a rough day fellas, but I feel I need to speak my mind after the first day.

It seems like every day I hear new comments about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve noted recently that I hear more negative commentary about them from the media who report on the team and the fans of the team than I do from fans of other teams. I commented to a friend recently that I read more negative about the Cowboys from him than I have ever seen from anyone else. He wasn’t too happy with me for that, but I happened to be telling the truth. To equal the bile he spews at the team he professes to love I would have to walk past a fan of another team 20 or more times per day and hear “Dallas sucks” to come close to the negativity he shows. Naturally this made it my fault. How dare I observe this?

It makes me wonder if we’ve simply gone too soft as a culture? The word hate is more prevalent than I have ever seen it, and if you use it in any description of a contemporary issue, it upsets the person you accuse of it. Suddenly you’re hating on them for them hating on the Cowboys. Honestly, it is all a bit confusing to me. However, one thing about hatred of the Dallas isn’t at all new to me. The fact that it exists, and I love it. I have a catch phrase as it pertains to opinions about the Cowboys. I even have that catch phrase on the license plate frame on my truck. That phrase is “Embrace the hatred.”

That’s right, I said embrace it. Revel in it. Enjoy it. Let it put a smile on your face that can’t be wiped off no matter how hard someone rubs. Hell, dance because of it if you’ve got rhythm; or even if you don’t but could give a crap who is watching. The fact that people hate the Cowboys is a great thing. Not a good thing, a great thing. It means they matter.That is one great thing about loving the Dallas Cowboys, they are always relevant to someone. Even if that relevance is that someone hates them. Pardon me quoting Emperor Palpatine from the Star Wars saga, but “Good, I can feel your anger.”

In the movie anger was needed to turn someone towards the dark side. If someone out there needs to see the Cowboys as the dark side, I am all for it. One Redskins fan once told me he loved two teams, “The Redskins and whomever was playing the Dallas Cowboys.” I got to tell you, that commentary just thrills the hell out of me. Years ago I ran across a fan of another team who had a tattoo of the Cowboys star logo on fire. He saw this as a diss of the team. I saw it as a Cowboys tattoo using a recurring graphic of flames. I see flames on motorcycles, cars, Harley logos, and all kinds of other things. I never considered it as a diss of those things. People are so amusing in their disgust for the Cowboys.

I think fans ought to enjoy the team they love. To me, if you dislike something to the point it makes you miserable then you need to move on from that. For example, if you’re dating a girl who makes you miserable, go find another girl. I can’t fathom wanting to stay loyal to a shrew or anything that makes you miserable. Does this mean fans should only say good things about the team. hell no. No one could pull that off. Not one single, living, breathing, sentient being. If you tell me that you don’t go nuts over a turnover or a player constantly caught false starting I am going to call you a liar.

I think it is actually healthy to want the team to get better in some aspect that is lacking. What I don’t find at all healthy or appealing though is to dislike every aspect of the team. From management, to coaching, to players, to tradition, to who the players date. There are fans and media out there who do that, and still profess to love and enjoy the team. I don’t understand that. I don’t think I want to either.

It seems like people miss a lot of great opportunities to just enjoy this team. That doesn’t mean you accept mediocrity or any other wild conjecture made to make you feel worse about yourself. It means that football is a game to be enjoyed and no team can be enjoyed quite as much as the Cowboys can be. Part of that enjoyment is because people are so obsessed with them and hating them that it is downright funny.

You’re a Cowboys fan. That’s the top of the food chain in the NFL.

You see, the fact of the matter is the NFL world still revolves around the Dallas Cowboys. If you think the NFL brass aren’t hoping to see Dallas in the post season almost as much as the fans of the team are you’re kidding yourself. They all know the Cowboys means ratings and ratings means revenue. No other team in the NFL can completely lay hold to that claim. Some come close, but none are equal to the Cowboys.

Don’t ever kid yourself into thinking that this hatred is because they are mediocre. No, the Cowboys are hated because win or lose, they matter in the NFL landscape across many horizons. Embrace it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd rather get a 4 year, 50 million so we can backload the shit out of it.

But gosh the salaries are ridiculous yet again...
Sure, but how about 4/60?

Or 4/56?

I'd rather go 2/30 than either of the other two unless they're ridiculously backloaded, which I'd imagine Thomas and his agent are too smart to accept in the first place.

2/30 isn't ideal and is a bit of an overpay but that's the market and it would fit in well with where we're going to be cap-wise with Dak/Amari/Elliott, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the real issue here is Lawrence's cap hold of 20 million, if they can get an extension done that number probably goes down to about 14-16, instead the front office seems to be sitting on their thumbs like a bunch of gumps as if Lawrence is going to suddenly accept 15 a year.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It has been a rough day fellas, but I feel I need to speak my mind after the first day.

It seems like every day I hear new comments about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. I’ve noted recently that I hear more negative commentary about them from the media who report on the team and the fans of the team than I do from fans of other teams. I commented to a friend recently that I read more negative about the Cowboys from him than I have ever seen from anyone else. He wasn’t too happy with me for that, but I happened to be telling the truth. To equal the bile he spews at the team he professes to love I would have to walk past a fan of another team 20 or more times per day and hear “Dallas sucks” to come close to the negativity he shows. Naturally this made it my fault. How dare I observe this?

It makes me wonder if we’ve simply gone too soft as a culture? The word hate is more prevalent than I have ever seen it, and if you use it in any description of a contemporary issue, it upsets the person you accuse of it. Suddenly you’re hating on them for them hating on the Cowboys. Honestly, it is all a bit confusing to me. However, one thing about hatred of the Dallas isn’t at all new to me. The fact that it exists, and I love it. I have a catch phrase as it pertains to opinions about the Cowboys. I even have that catch phrase on the license plate frame on my truck. That phrase is “Embrace the hatred.”

That’s right, I said embrace it. Revel in it. Enjoy it. Let it put a smile on your face that can’t be wiped off no matter how hard someone rubs. Hell, dance because of it if you’ve got rhythm; or even if you don’t but could give a crap who is watching. The fact that people hate the Cowboys is a great thing. Not a good thing, a great thing. It means they matter.That is one great thing about loving the Dallas Cowboys, they are always relevant to someone. Even if that relevance is that someone hates them. Pardon me quoting Emperor Palpatine from the Star Wars saga, but “Good, I can feel your anger.”

In the movie anger was needed to turn someone towards the dark side. If someone out there needs to see the Cowboys as the dark side, I am all for it. One Redskins fan once told me he loved two teams, “The Redskins and whomever was playing the Dallas Cowboys.” I got to tell you, that commentary just thrills the hell out of me. Years ago I ran across a fan of another team who had a tattoo of the Cowboys star logo on fire. He saw this as a diss of the team. I saw it as a Cowboys tattoo using a recurring graphic of flames. I see flames on motorcycles, cars, Harley logos, and all kinds of other things. I never considered it as a diss of those things. People are so amusing in their disgust for the Cowboys.

I think fans ought to enjoy the team they love. To me, if you dislike something to the point it makes you miserable then you need to move on from that. For example, if you’re dating a girl who makes you miserable, go find another girl. I can’t fathom wanting to stay loyal to a shrew or anything that makes you miserable. Does this mean fans should only say good things about the team. hell no. No one could pull that off. Not one single, living, breathing, sentient being. If you tell me that you don’t go nuts over a turnover or a player constantly caught false starting I am going to call you a liar.

I think it is actually healthy to want the team to get better in some aspect that is lacking. What I don’t find at all healthy or appealing though is to dislike every aspect of the team. From management, to coaching, to players, to tradition, to who the players date. There are fans and media out there who do that, and still profess to love and enjoy the team. I don’t understand that. I don’t think I want to either.

It seems like people miss a lot of great opportunities to just enjoy this team. That doesn’t mean you accept mediocrity or any other wild conjecture made to make you feel worse about yourself. It means that football is a game to be enjoyed and no team can be enjoyed quite as much as the Cowboys can be. Part of that enjoyment is because people are so obsessed with them and hating them that it is downright funny.

You’re a Cowboys fan. That’s the top of the food chain in the NFL.

You see, the fact of the matter is the NFL world still revolves around the Dallas Cowboys. If you think the NFL brass aren’t hoping to see Dallas in the post season almost as much as the fans of the team are you’re kidding yourself. They all know the Cowboys means ratings and ratings means revenue. No other team in the NFL can completely lay hold to that claim. Some come close, but none are equal to the Cowboys.

Don’t ever kid yourself into thinking that this hatred is because they are mediocre. No, the Cowboys are hated because win or lose, they matter in the NFL landscape across many horizons. Embrace it.
:picard

Top Bottom