2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Let him go. The NFL's dominant team doesn't put up with players trying to extort cap killing contracts. Take a page.
I go back and forth on this. Tank's an impact player and a team leader. But when I look at the financial terms, I wonder if one player is worth it. No, there's no one on the team who can do what he does. But is he really worth it? How many solid contributors are we gonna have to let go just to crunch his money in the cap?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I go back and forth on this. Tank's an impact player and a team leader. But when I look at the financial terms, I wonder if one player is worth it. No, there's no one on the team who can do what he does. But is he really worth it? How many solid contributors are we gonna have to let go just to crunch his money in the cap?
I get it and I feel the same way sometimes.

But good pass rushers are at a premium in this league and Lawrence is a good one.

I do NOT want to go back to the days where we used to pretend it was okay to roll with the likes of Jeremy Mincey and George Selvie because Marinelli can "coach them up".

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The difference between the Pats and this coaching staff is that you actually have coaches that can make good players better. With this coaching staff, you have to have great players to overcome the coaching mediocrity. That's why they'll pay Tank. And...they are fortunate to have the 2 young LBs right now. When they hit contract years....Wow.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The difference between the Pats and this coaching staff is that you actually have coaches that can make good players better. With this coaching staff, you have to have great players to overcome the coaching mediocrity. That's why they'll pay Tank. And...they are fortunate to have the 2 young LBs right now. When they hit contract years....Wow.
theyll pay Tank simply because they have nil and nada for pass rush if they let him walk.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I still say fuck him. Some of these guys have no concept of team. There are only so much dollars to go around thanks to an asinine system where you cannot pay draft picks what the fuck ever. If this was baseball with only a bullshit luxury tax, I would understand these guys going for every dime.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Just to put it into perspective, someone answer a question for me: What did Aaron Donald's contract do to the Rams? Did they, or did they not, put themselves in a "Win a championship this year or we're financially screwed to do this next year" predicament? I understand they had others to pay. But was Donald's contract not the big financial blow?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
So they were willing to give up a second to rent Earl thomas? This team is dumber than we thought. That or they just aren’t willing to say that the injury he had scared them off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So they were willing to give up a second to rent Earl thomas? This team is dumber than we thought. That or they just aren’t willing to say that the injury he had scared them off.
Don't forget the gross contract they wanted to give Sammy Watkins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yesterday, Jones' yacht pulled into the Bahamas.

Business as usual.

Be on the lookout for the family portrait at some point this week.

Top Bottom